What's new

Alfred Hitchcock: The Essentials Collection (1 Viewer)

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Saw this new collection in the store today, and picked it up.

The five films in the set are Rear Window, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Psycho, and The Birds. The packaging claims they are all "DIGITALLY RESTORED FROM HIGH RESOLUTION FILM ELEMENTS".

I understand there's a larger collection (Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection) that came out earlier. But I have two of the three main Hitchcock DVD collections (missed out on the Criterion), so this makes a nice addition to them.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
My copy should be arriving by the end of the week, can't wait to see The Birds in HD.

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
Mine is enroute. I only have North By Northwest in DVD, so it's a token double dip.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I watched The Trouble with Harry on blu-ray for the first time yesterday. Not a great film and not one of Hitchcock's best. However I thought the blu-ray was excellent and it is a showcase for VistaVision.

alstein

Agent
Real Name
Aron
Hi. Does anyone here know if the 5 films ( Rear Window, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Psycho and The Birds) on the Blu Ray set "Alfred Hitchcock Limited Edition: The Essentials collection" are identical to the Blu Ray release "the Masterpiece Collection" released in 2014 which include these five films as well as several others.

Thanks

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
alstein said:
Hi. Does anyone here know if the 5 films ( Rear Window, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Psycho and The Birds) on the Blu Ray set "Alfred Hitchcock Limited Edition: The Essentials collection" are identical to the Blu Ray release "the Masterpiece Collection" released in 2014 which include these five films as well as several others.Thanks
Yes, I'm 99.9% sure they are. To my knowledge no newer transfers are out there.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Slowly making my way through this set, which was a recent gift. I've watched all but the Birds so far. Watched Psycho the other night, which I thought had a stunning HD transfer. I last saw Psycho about 20 years ago on VHS (!) so you can only imagine what a revelation the blu-ray was. I have found all of the films (so far) to look beautiful. Rear Window and North By Northwest have always been my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks