What's new

Teen Wolf - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the thread, and the reminder. This one is a guilty pleasure of mine.The show moved production from Georgia to California for the third season, chasing tax credits. Usually such a transition is awkward, but I didn't notice a big difference in tonight's episode. It helps that they shipped all of the standing sets cross country.I also thought the abrupt offscreen exit of Colton Haynes was handled rather perfunctorily, going from Jackson's love for Lydia redeeming him to him leaving her in the rear view mirror as Jackson suddenly moves to London -- although the show got a great line out of it. That being said, Haynes's decision not to re-up sort of left the show in the lurch, and Jackson was always my least favorite character so I can't say he was particularly missed.I like the idea that the alpha pack didn't just randomly come to Beacon Hills, but rather that Scott poses some kind of threat that they're seeking to eliminate.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I enjoyed the season opener, and glad to see the show back. I wished I did not see the trailer, but at the same time, it has me looking even more forward to this season.

I was thinking "Derek is awfully nice to Scott", then we see why at the end. And very freaky to see the twins morph into one giant werewolf.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This show has really found its groove. I love the way the different characters weave in and out of each other's lives now. And poor Stiles -- the golden opportunity, snatched away by invisible demonic forces and an XXL condom.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Yeah, I felt bad for Stiles as well. Just insult to injury, after what he had to go through last season, with Lydia.

Season 3 is looking very promising, and looking to be as good as the previous seasons. Should not be long until the truth is revealed to Allison, about her mother.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Stiles (by the pool): Lydia, you okay?Lydia: I'm okay. That. Overt here. NOT okay.Stiles: Yeah, alright, I'm gonna call my dadLydia: I already called 9ll...Stiles: You called the police before you called me?Lydia: I'm supposed to call you first when I find a dead body.Stiles: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm so happy this is a summer series, because it's become one of my true summer pleasures. The way all of the characters worked together in tonight's plan was a great victory lap for this cast of characters.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Alison is quite the female archer, yet never gets mentioned in the same breath as Katinass, Merida, or even Charlie (from "Revolution"), even though she came before all of them.

And now, Beacon Hills probably has another threat, in addition to the pack of alphas, with the human sacrifices.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I love that the show has become about these four high school acquaintances who have been exposed to all of this horrific supernatural shit and come out the other side this cohesive sort of unit. There's the wolf packs, and then there's Scott's pack. And so far, Scott's pack has the best track record. I love that with Scott and Allison they don't endlessly play the will-they-won't-they bit. They've reached a point in their relationship where regardless of whether they're involved romantically or sexually, they take the time to make sure things are alright between them. Scott and Allison are each the most important person in each other's lives, regardless of how you label that. The lust and the pining are gone, and what you've got left is a sort of mature mutual understanding.I also don't miss Jackson at all. It shoots the whole love triangle jealousy thing right out the window. That didn't mean that Stiles and Lydia automatically became an item, but it did mean the show was free to tell different kinds of stories with them. I really like the angle the show's playing now with them as sort of colleagues in decrypting the world of monsters, magic and mayhem.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I did like how the last episode had Stiles being the one to stop Scott from blowing himself up, as oppose to the other characters, as it reminds us of the best friends relationship between the two.

And it looks like Chris Argent will no longer stay on the sidelines.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads up: Tonight's episode is "super-sized", so make sure your DVRs run from 10/9c to 11:30/10:30c.EDIT: Apparently that was just MTV misrepresenting the show on the schedule to promote their "Talking Dead" style after show.After all the hype about a big death, I thought Boyd was about the easiest option the show could have taken. That being said, I'm happy it wasn't the veterinarian, and I'm glad it wasn't Stiles or Lydia.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Pretty darn good execution on the unveiling of Lydia's true nature. Like all good reveals, looking back it seems obvious but I didn't see it coming.A banshee, a fairy woman who begins to wail if someone is about to die.It'll be interesting to see if the show keeps it there, or if she's ultimately revealed as the Morrígan.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Half the time, I don't really know what's going on with this show. You got Ducaliens and now a Durock, who I guess is the Druid, who is the hot teacher. I sometimes wish it was just werewolves and not lizard guys and all this stuff. But, I just go along with only a vague idea about what our heroes and villains are hoping to do, and even who are the heroes and villains.

I hope Stiles is now over Lydia and will get together with the feisty Hale sister. Seems to be heading there. If she lives.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
I hope Stiles is now over Lydia and will get together with the feisty Hale sister. Seems to be heading there. If she lives.
The only thing working against that is the actress who plays Hale's sister was cast as Mary Queen of Scots in a new CW show about the young queen's years in the French court.I really like Lydia and Stiles together, but I don't think I'd ever really buy a passionate love affair between the two of them. I think I like them best when everybody else is being all action-hero-y and they sitting together poring over some tome trying to figure out what the hell is really going on.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I like how Stiles has no powers (really needs to stay that way), but he has become pretty fearless. He stood up to that guy yesterday--yeah, Scott was there, but he was righteously angry and said what he wanted to say.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I completely agree. If there's one character who should never ever get superpowers, it's Stiles. He's the everyman of the show, and the things that make him stand out have nothing to do with the supernatural. The best character on the show.So what are the odds that the Derek's dead little musician friend from the flashback episode and the homicidal English teacher are actually one and the same?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It would probably explain her mad-on. It would probably be better if that girl was really dead and it was just an incident that illuminated Derek's character, but I guess I could live with it. I'd say maybe love will end up saving her, but she's beyond redemption with all the people she's killed.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, that was probably the best option of all. The girlfriend remains dead, but her death set this all in motion.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought tonight's episode was the best of the season so far. All of the mythology boiled down to very personal stakes for all of the main characters. I love the evolution Allison's father has undergone over the course of the show, and I loved the little group therapy session between the parents in the root cellar. It's a nice reminder that this is the rare teen show where the parents are present, fairly intelligent and generally responsible. I loved Peter Hale acting as both angel and devil on Derek's shoulders as he weighed whether to save his sister or let her die for the greater good.

I loved loved LOVED the kiss between Stiles and Lydia. Both because it's an earned moment after two and a half seasons of build-up, and because the execution was pitch-perfect. So often, the nerdy guy gets the kiss from the popular girl out of pity or charity. This wasn't that kind of kiss at all; Stiles needed her to do something, and that's what she could think of. Because he's a major part of her life now, and she cares what happens to him. And then, having done it, she's quite surprised to discover that there's something there. And suddenly she's feeling a little awkward around him for the moment. Just a great little dance from the two quirkiest performers on the show.

And then that's reflected at the end when the children find themselves called upon to save the lives of their parents. The veternarian, who really hasdeveloped a bond with Scott, is the meaningful person to bring him back. Isaac, the good guy perennial also-ran whose been reluctantly moving into Scott's old territory, is Allison's meaningful person to bring her back. And Stiles? Well, that's Lydia of course.

I love that it's not a show about sex, it's a show about real emotional involvement. Even when the mythology starts to get convoluted, you always know exactly who each of these characters are, what they're feeling and why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks