What's new

Criterions -- 50% at Best Buy/BBY.com (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Talk about a shock and out of the blue -- a shot across the bow of the Barnes & Noble 50% Sale.

It appears the entire library of Criterions is 50% off MRSP at Best Buy (20-40% off regular prices) --- mostly BestBuy.com since most of them aren't carried in store.

Best Buy Criterion Sale

And following again is Amazon chasing Best Buy's prices. It looks like they are starting to match the prices.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Holy Crap!

Just went to Amazon and saw the single Criterion title I have been wanting
for the last few months has been slashed in price.

THE BLOB is $19.95

Anyone who wishes to order it, please click on the link below. Doesn't cost
you extra and we get credit for the sale.

Thank You, David, for this alert and making (I am certain) most everyone's day.

I am going to pin this thread for a day or two.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Amazon has On the Waterfront for $24.69, but has not dropped the price of the other two Criterions on my wish list yet -- The Man Who Knew Too Much and 3:10 to Yuma.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I went for Harold and Maude with a $5 RZ certificate. I don't think I've seen the movie since high school. Should be fun.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Amazon is slowly matching prices at least on some of the more popular items.

The BN 50% sale (assumption made) still will be cheaper for me with the 10% member discount plus other coupon
options. Luckily I still have 3 or 4 relatively local stores with nearly full inventory of Criterion Blurays

The Save-a-Lot GC special mentioned in the BN thread makes it even better since that will be essentially a 40% stacked
discount so I should be able to net most of the the $40 Criterions for $10-12 OOP even if there aren't any extra coupons.
The only downside is if BN punts the whole Sale, but so far this year they have followed their usual Sales Pattern
including the B2G1 which is supposed to start Tuesday 6/4 and that runs right up until the Criterion sale that should
start either 7/2 or 7/9

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Right. The B&N sale with in-store member discount and coupons is still the best for me.

BUT... I can also see nabbing a few Criterions at half off from Amazon, since that's still tax-free for me, and of course free shipping.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Always nice to have alternatives. If you have $20-30 in BBY Rewards then if you buy 4 or 5 it's about a push anyway and you get a month headstart.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Well, I just did the deed over at Amazon, for three fairly recent Criterion BDs that were on my list. $19.99 total, each. Would actually have gone a couple more, but other wants were at Amazon's regular prices. So what the hey, I'm happy! :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I ended up picking up all three titles on my wish list, so I am happy. This is the same price I would have paid at B&N, since I do not have a membership (and they have closed the stores around here).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Ronald Epstein said:
Holy Crap!

Just went to Amazon and saw the single Criterion title I have been wanting
for the last few months has been slashed in price.

THE BLOB is $19.95

Anyone who wishes to order it, please click on the link below. Doesn't cost
you extra and we get credit for the sale.

Thank You, David, for this alert and making (I am certain) most everyone's day.

I am going to pin this thread for a day or two.
Did you forget the link, Ron? I'm not seeing it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Cameron Yee said:
I went for Harold and Maude with a $5 RZ certificate. I don't think I've seen the movie since high school. Should be fun.
I recently watched it for the first time in a long while. It's extremely dated, but in kind of a good way, if you catch my drift.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I know what you mean. I had that impression when I saw it as a teenager. I can still hear my English teacher's distinctive chuckling during the opening scenes.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Ronald Epstein said:
Bob,

I bet anything you are using an ad blocker. Am I correct?
Duh! Yep... at work and have it turned on. It's off on the home system when using HTF... and now fixed at work too! :blush:

If one you see isn't yet "on sale" do a "tell us about a lower price" form with the link to BB. I've done several so far and they've matched the price within 30 minutes each time.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I picked up 3:10 to Yuma, Island of Lost Souls, Kiss Me Deadly, The Killing, The Blob, and Heaven's Gate Blu-rays, all 50% off at Amazon.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think the 50% off at both places are now mostly gone. Next up BN 50% off starting July 9th with other incentives to lower the price
further.

F

fuderring

David Norman said:
I think the 50% off at both places are now mostly gone. Next up BN 50% off starting July 9th with other incentives to lower the price
further.
I agree

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks