Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ANASTASIA (1956) A question about Alfred Newman's original score

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Nick*Z

Nick*Z

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 11:49 AM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;]My question concerns the[/color] score[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;] to this classic film by [/color]Alfred Newman[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;]. In the final scene the dowager Empress (Helen Hayes) is asked by her cousin, Prince Paul what she will tell the guests who have assembled to see Anastasia (Ingrid Bergman) who has fled with Gen. Bounin (Yul Brynner). The dowager replies, "I will tell them, the play is over - go home!" [/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;]There is a piece of music written by Newman [/color]underscoring[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;] this sequence that is [/color]NOT[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;] contained on the original album or any of the subsequent re-issues. The 'official' soundtrack does have a track listed as 'End Title' which is really just the 'Main Title' with its 'Russian Easter' prologue lopped off.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;]I am interested in knowing [/color]two things[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;] - first: [/color]what is the name of this piece of excised music[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;], and second, is there anyway I can get my hands on a copy of it for a class I am conducting on the importance of music and film. [/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;]I bought the CD believing this penultimate orchestral arrangement would be included. Regrettably, this has not been the case. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.[/color]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users