Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Paradigm seismic 110 or definitive supercube reference

Subwoofer

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 of 23 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,046 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted June 05 2013 - 02:00 PM

The PB12 Plus/2?  http://web.archive.o...b-box-plus2.cfm

That doubles the chances for vibration.  The driver is the TC Sounds db500 (db for Deon Bearden, the designer) http://www.caraudio....db500-12-a.html  Moving mass of each driver is 102.7859g.  Even though xmax isn't listed here, it's right around 20mm each way.  Let's say you have a 30hz tone that pushes the driver to the excurson limits.  That means there are 200g of weight moving 40mm, stopping, reversing motion, moving 40mm, stopping, reversion motion, moving 40mm, wash, rinse repeat.  30 times every second.  That is a lot of kinetic energy every second. 

Since yours is downfiring, that will lift the cabinet ever so slightly each time.  Your subdude cushions the blow each time the cabinet weight is put back down on the floor.

Those are great subs.  I built a pair of passive cylinder subs using the SVS Plus drivers that I picked up on the used market.  I traded them to a guy for a custom built TC Sounds based 18" driver.

#22 of 23 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 3,774 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted June 06 2013 - 05:41 AM

The PB12 Plus/2?  http://web.archive.o...b-box-plus2.cfm

That doubles the chances for vibration.  The driver is the TC Sounds db500 (db for Deon Bearden, the designer) http://www.caraudio....db500-12-a.html  Moving mass of each driver is 102.7859g.  Even though xmax isn't listed here, it's right around 20mm each way.  Let's say you have a 30hz tone that pushes the driver to the excurson limits.  That means there are 200g of weight moving 40mm, stopping, reversing motion, moving 40mm, stopping, reversion motion, moving 40mm, wash, rinse repeat.  30 times every second.  That is a lot of kinetic energy every second. 

Since yours is downfiring, that will lift the cabinet ever so slightly each time.  Your subdude cushions the blow each time the cabinet weight is put back down on the floor.

Those are great subs.  I built a pair of passive cylinder subs using the SVS Plus drivers that I picked up on the used market.  I traded them to a guy for a custom built TC Sounds based 18" driver.

Yeah that's my one, they are great subwoofers, i think when i bought mine they had a slight upgrade to the drivers so they might be db500.1 or db500.2, i wish SVS would go back to producing more ot this type of subwoofer although i have heard their current ones are still excellent.

I have never noticed it lifting off the ground at all, if it does then it's invisible to the naked eye, it has to be millimetres only and these cabinets are built like tanks, really solid, the isolation platform i built makes a difference, bass isn't coming so heavy through the ceiling to the floor below, mind you it's still loud as i like to play near reference levels.

:EDIT: Just noticed from the link you supplied they do still sell this although it's B stock.

Edited by FoxyMulder, June 06 2013 - 05:59 AM.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#23 of 23 Arun Thomas Abraham

Arun Thomas Abraham

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted June 06 2013 - 07:31 AM

i have ordered the def. supercube reference. thanks for all your inputs . svs doesnt have any dealers here ,else i would have taken it ,and even if there is a complaint ,its impossible to repair it . so hopefully i will get one svs for my home in india as the have a dealer there . 

i believe definitive will be a good upgrade since i am using a package sub called pro monitor 600 which is 250w ordinary sub .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Subwoofer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users