What's new

Outdoor roof top antennas (1 Viewer)

Dan Messner

Auditioning
I am currently residing in the Almaden valley area of San Jose, California. Recently, comcast has started scrambling the basic cable channels we subscribe to. Are there any forum members here in San Jose whom are using roof top antennas instead of comcast? If so, which antennas are best for this area, how high above the roof is optimal for reception and which channels can be received?

Thanks,
Dan Messner

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
If do don't get a response from a person "close"...Antennaweb.org
Nice website. You type in your address, and it tells you how may miles to the towers, and what strength antenna you need. You can't go wrong with a Winegard or Channelmaster antenna.

hyghwayman

Agent
Real Name
Donnie
Don't live out there but I made my own antenna. PM me for more info.

HDTV Antenna.jpeg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
@HWM...How cheap was that antenna?To most DIY antenna builders, around here at least, they like to boast about how little they spent.When I sold CE wholesale, we also sold antennas. I about crapped my pants when I saw the profit margins...

PaulGo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
If you have limited basic from Comcast, they will provided you with two HD-DTAs at no charge for two years and after that the cost will only be 5o cents per DTA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks