Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Title: Fast & Furious 6

Tagline: All roads lead to this

Genre: Action, Thriller, Crime

Director: Justin Lin

Cast: Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Jordana Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Ludacris, Luke Evans, Elsa Pataky, Gina Carano, Clara Paget, Kim Kold, Joe Taslim, Samuel M. Stewart, Benjamin Davies, Matthew Stirling, David Ajala, Thure Lindhardt, Shea Whigham, Andrei Zayats, John Ortiz, Jason Thorpe, Alexander Vegh, Stephen Marcus, Magda Rodriguez, Andy Pointon, Victor Gardener, Sol de la Barreda, Elvira Tricás, Carolina Pozo, Revil Beat, Sarah Li Yan, Eddie Bagayawa, Dean Barlage, Gintare Beinoraviciute, Catherine Delaloye, Rowena Diamond, Mark Haldor, Andrew Koji, Alex Martin, Rita Ora, Gemita Samarra, Jason Statham, Daniel Westwood

Release: 2013-05-21

Runtime: 131

Plot: Hobbs has Dominic and Brian reassemble their crew to take down a team of mercenaries: Dominic unexpectedly gets convoluted also facing his presumed deceased girlfriend, Letty.

I now understand why Arnold, Sly and Willis just aren't bringing them in anymore.

I had never watched a single entry in this series until about two months ago when I started going through them to lead up to this one. The first was good, the second fairly good, the third was downright awful POS and the fourth was too "been there done that." I watched FAST FIVE last night and really thought it was one of the best action movies in years and it really shocked me at how much imagination it contained. Sure, everything that happened couldn't happen in real life but as long as it's fun who cares?

FAST 6 isn't quite as good as the last one but it at least gets to the same type of wild action, which is non-stop from the first scene to the last. I find it shocking but I really do enjoy all of these characters and I must admit that after F5 last night I couldn't wait for this thing. The performers are a lot of fun and especially Johnson who is making his fourth appearance this year. I really think this guy has come a long way as an actor. The action scenes are certainly the highlight of the picture and there are some amazing ones here that like the last film shows all sorts of imagination, which is something missing today. If you've seen the trailer then you know about the tank sequence but nothing will prepare you for how wild it actually is. I'm not going to ruin the twist but I thought it was excellent and led to something even wilder.

I skip this series throughout the years thinking it would just be dumb teenage crap for their summer vacation. I think three and four fit this but both five and six are taking action movies to another level.

*** 1/2 (out of 4)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Love it as I do most of the films in this series. Much of the action is unrealistic, but I didn't care as it was fun just watching it unfold on the big screen. For those getting ready to see this film, do not leave so quickly as a very important sequence will take place just as the credits roll.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
It helps that Justin Lin brings a LOT of practical effects into these movies. In the glut of CGI madness on screens, it's great to see real cars gettin' blowed up good.

Not that there isn't any CGI in these - obviously, there is some crazy stuff they have to do with CGI. But, there is a LOT of practical work too.

Another fun entry into what has become a very dependable franchise. I think 7 will miss Lin a LOT and could be hurt by the rush. We'll see.

Holy cow, how BIG is the Rock going to get??!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Loved it! Another great entry in the best action franchise going. Not sure it was quite as good as "Fast Five," but a great ride nonetheless.

Why do I smell baby oil? :lol:

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
The Rock is getting to look pretty scary. It looks like he'll eventually run out of space to grow.

The wrestling move that he and Vin pulled off at the end was pure classic.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Michael Elliott said:
The Rock is getting to look pretty scary. It looks like he'll eventually run out of space to grow.

The wrestling move that he and Vin pulled off at the end was pure classic.
It definitely put a charge in my movie attending audience.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I had never seen the first 5... But, I know Walker & Diesel were out of some of them and also that every movie they add a character. But. my friends were going with their sons. So I went with my son. Even without seeing the first 5. I did not feel like I was confused by what was going on or even their backstories. We all enjoyed it...Even the 10yr old boys. Worth to see. I do have the first one on dvd. So I will checking it out along with Fast Five.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
todd s said:
I had never seen the first 5... But, I know Walker & Diesel were out of some of them and also that every movie they add a character. But. my friends were going with their sons. So I went with my son. Even without seeing the first 5. I did not feel like I was confused by what was going on or even their backstories. We all enjoyed it...Even the 10yr old boys. Worth to see. I do have the first one on dvd. So I will checking it out along with Fast Five.
Diesel did not appear in Part 2 (cameo in Part 3, star in all the rest)
Walker did not appear in Part 3 (star in all the rest)

Part 3 was really a stand-alone, with no "regulars" except for Han, and in the chronology of the franchise it falls last after all five other films (hence the "tie in" at the end of Part 6). So I assume the timeine is something like:

Part 1 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 7.

Though if you were to watch Part 6 before Part 3, then the tag at the end of Part 6 is now a major spoiler.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I liked it fine though I like the last one more. Really liked the Riddick trailer in front of it. That one looks great and seems to be more in the Pitch Black genre.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed it for the simple fact it made me feel like a teenager again watching these insane car stunts, with stakes that made sense (it's all about family and relationships).

The film was thoroughly entertaining, delivers the goods.

I give it 3 stars or a grade of B.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks