Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HDMI Adapters

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   CODV

CODV

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 07:33 PM

I have a 50 ft. VGA (RS 232 cable,15-pin plug)that connects my desktop to my HDTV in another room.  It's used to show videos I've recorded from the internet with BSR Screen Recorder software.  My new desktop has only one VGA socket and that is used for the monitor. 

The new computer does have an HDMI outlet.  If I were to purchase an HDMI/VGA Adaptor plug for both ends of the RS 232 cable would the TV still be getting a 1080p digital signal?  That would be less expensive than buying a 50 ft. HDMI cable.  I could then run the cable from the computer to the home theater receiver.  The receiver has HDMI, Composite and Component inputs and outputs, but no DVI or VGA.  The HDTV has HDMI, DVI and VGA inputs.

I would appreciate it if you can tell/show me what options I have.

Thank you,

Carl De Vries

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,679 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted May 22 2013 - 08:51 PM

http://www.amazon.co...=50 ft HDMI dvi

However, your only real choice for 1080P is HDMI. You can thank HDCP for that.

I have no idea if 1080P will work from HDMI to DVI. There is no reason it shouldn't...but, DVI itself wasn't around long enough. So, if you want digital(which for $19 there is absolutely no reason to waste your money on a HDMI/VGA adapter) cheaply...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users