What's new

Master Chef Season 4 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Master Chef Season 4 premieres tonight.. this and Top Chef are two of my favorite cooking shows on TV; always fun, goofy and interesting. Plus, I still fawn over the winner from Mississippi years ago.. :)

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Ah, Whitney. She was a memorable Southern belle.

I'm looking forward to the new season, though I can do without some of the flakes and loudmouths at the open auditions - not to mention the jinned-up drama and cuts to commercial during every split vote.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
DaveHof2 said:
I'm looking forward to the new season, though I can do without some of the flakes and loudmouths at the open auditions - not to mention the jinned-up drama and cuts to commercial during every split vote.
I really don't think these are "open" auditions we are seeing. I do believe all have been screened and invited. Some for their skill of course, but others for their flakiness and lack of skill. How else would they have film crews in a contestants parents car or at the house of someone who got an invite to compete if they all weren't prescreened. Pretty much the same way Idol works I would surmise. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it too.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
They say out of the thousands that submitted, only 100 were selected to attend this audition so I assume that's correct.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Going to miss the first episodes due to DVR conflicts, will pick it up next week when it really gets going.

This is one of the few Ramsay shows I enjoy, looking forward to it.

Pretty much agree with Matt, this and Top Chef are the best cooking shows out there. Once in a while watch Chopped, and a few PBS shows, but most of Food Network is pretty lousy, and filled with repeats that are 3-4 or more years old.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Ramsay is clearly getting paid per pregnant pause this season. "The person....who cooked a dish....that is not up.....to MasterChef standards.....and is now.....going to take off his apron......and leave......the MasterChef kitchen......right now.......is.......

They could cut the show to an hour if it didn't take him five minutes to finish a sentence.

Otherwise, good opening competition show. They have their villains for the season and their underdogs to root for already in place.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I love this show and Ramsay.

Joe gets to be the "villain" on this one, while Gordon is sometimes wincing in the background. (Then the next night, I get to see Gordon in his ranting and raving mode on "HK".) It's hard for me to believe that some of the home chefs somehow whip up an excellent cheesecake or entree when they say it's something they've never cooked before. Baking, in particular, is very unforgiving.

The whole bit last night with Luka and Jordan and the cupcakes was great.

If only we could taste some of these amazing dishes -- unlike singing or dancing, we have to take the chefs' words on it.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Why did they rerun last week's show this week? I thought the point of summer TV was to avoid reruns!

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
So glad to see Bri finally stand up to Kryssi last night. I'm really, really tired of her bullying and I hope she is the next one out the door.

Still hard to pick a winner this season but I would not be surprised if Eddie got it. There's a nice publicity tie-in with a former NFL player becoming a Master Chef.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
DaveHof2 said:
So glad to see Bri finally stand up to Kryssi last night. I'm really, really tired of her bullying and I hope she is the next one out the door.Still hard to pick a winner this season but I would not be surprised if Eddie got it. There's a nice publicity tie-in with a former NFL player becoming a Master Chef.
Yeah. I pretty well despise Kryssi. So annoying.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Have to retract my earlier comment. I'm burned out on Ramsay shows so this quickly dropped off my viewing list.

Joe Bastianich really ruins it for me. Ramsay is somewhat toned down from his usual attitude, but I just don't care anymore.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Joe does tend to overdo the steely-eyed stare. That's why I loved last season, when it had no effect on Christine for obvious reasons.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
DaveHof2 said:
Joe does tend to overdo the steely-eyed stare. That's why I loved last season, when it had no effect on Christine for obvious reasons.
Yeah. And his commentary is not very helpful, very snarky. I think part of my enjoyment of this series in the past has been a few great home cooks.. Whitney and last year I really rooted for Christine (who didn't?!?) but this year I don't have anyone I'm really rooting for just yet, just a few I'm rooting against.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
3 observations on tonight's episode:

1. Luca's line about Linn not have eggs for breakfast tomorrow made me laugh more than anything this season thus far.

2. Glad that Bri is getting a second shot - and I hope she outlasts Kryssi.

3. Jessi looked amazing in that pink dress. Wowza.

NolanJ

Second Unit
The MasterChef Juniors advertisement makes me wonder what kind of challenges they are going to have. Should be interesting.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Gordon's son trying to pick up Jessie, and Gordon high-fiving the effort - priceless.

I think it's going to be either Jessie or Luca.

Enjoyed seeing Paula Deen, away from all the mess her life has become over a lawsuit that was ultimately dismissed.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I'm really glad Luca won. He playedthe game fairly and was never mean spirited. He actually helped others. I hope he has great success.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks