What's new

Flickr - new makeover (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They are not clear if the ads stop appearing for the account holder, or anyone who views your photos on Flickr.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm liking it but i will never ever ever have ads with my photos.

Current Pro accounts stay $25 for now.
New Pro accounts are no longer available, though current Pro users will, for the time being, be able to renew their Pro subscriptions and continue to reap the benefits of both ad-free and unlimited storage. They'll also to continue to be able to access more detailed stats. It's not clear how long these renewals will be offered.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/05/yahoo-gives-flickr-a-new-face-a-new-app-and-a-new-business-model/

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's just so foreign looking to me, the layout of each person's flickr page now, with the flickriver streaming template added to browse the larger thumbnails.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Smugmug is great for what it is. The social features suck tho. Discovery of other great photos and photographers, community discussions, etc can't hold a candle to what flick is at its best.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I suspect SmugMug also makes it simpler for viewers to download photos. Flickr continues to be sort of obtuse about this sort of thing, though the right-click size options help.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you're more about offering batches of photos for downloading (like 2-4 week time windows), dropbox is a good quickie solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks