Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

GAME: Guess an upcoming Twilight Time Release

Twilight Time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

#81 of 91 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Screenwriter

• 1,012 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted October 28 2013 - 06:51 PM

That's what their reply was to me to when i went back to the site to post approx seventeen minutes later, i found i was banned and that was their reason, no other explanation was given to me and i had broken no rules, ( I didn't have time to break the rules ) anyways so people know who i am, i use the same screen name at any site i join, it worked against me at that site.

Whats wrong with your screen name? :huh:

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#82 of 91 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,005 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 09:08 PM

I hope to see another one of these at some point, these guessing contests. I made the request to TT, They told me to ask you. So now I have. Thanks.

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]Let me talk to them.[/color]

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#83 of 91 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,081 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted October 28 2013 - 09:30 PM

Whats wrong with your screen name? :huh:

Someone at AVS doesn't like me and is a forum moderator at Bluray.com, that's my guess, anyhoo i wrote that post ages ago. 

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#84 of 91 OFFLINE   BPullen

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 10:04 PM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]Let me talk to them.[/color]

Thanks Mr. Epstein. I hope I didn't step on your toes. Much obliged.

#85 of 91 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,005 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 10:36 PM

Thanks Mr. Epstein. I hope I didn't step on your toes. Much obliged.

No, not at all.  I just didn't think TT was overly impressed with the game in the first place.

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#86 of 91 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,005 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 10:40 PM

UPDATESpoke with Twilight Time.  They sent me a few titles that I could start another

guessing game with.

I just need to look over and consider the many suggestions in this thread that

all of you gave to make the game harder so that it's not over within an hour or two.

Ronald J Epstein

#87 of 91 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,005 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 10:59 PM

Okay, I am going to *tentatively* start a new game later this afternoon.

Here are some suggestions, directly from some of you.  

Maybe yes or no questions without specifics such as the year, the actors names, plot.

My vote here is that the game involves Ron giving out a clue and then people can guess but I think the one guess only thing works because with the group posting here these are going to get sorted out pretty quickly. If you only have one guess you will need to use it wisely. 

Perhaps to prolong the game each member could ask one question and have one guess. Then Mr Epstein posts only at the end of each day with the winner (the first to guess correctly) or indicates who is warm etc and provide a further clue.

If I missed anyone's suggestion.  Apologies.  I just skimmed the thread.  Feel free to contribute ideas.

Here is what I am proposing based on these suggestions:

[color=#b22222;]1. No questions on actors, year, plot, genre.  I will attempt to give out the most [/color]

[color=#b22222;]obscure clue possible.  Don't know if I can be that clever, but I will try.  If anyone[/color]

[color=#b22222;]here thinks they can be an expert in obscurity, I might be willing to take on a volunteer[/color]

[color=#b22222;]to help me with this contest.  The title(s) will be revealed in any event so I don't mind[/color]

[color=#b22222;]sharing with someone that wants to help.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]2. One question and one guess per member each day.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]3. We can either allow guesses to be public or members can PM me and I can [/color]

[color=#b22222;]announce those who guessed it correctly (without revealing answer), and thus, [/color]

[color=#b22222;]keeping the contest going for everyone else.   I am just not certain I want to deal[/color]

[color=#b22222;]with all the private messages....but I am willing to try the idea.[/color]

I will give you guys a few hours to look over the proposal and let me know what

you think.

I may start the contest by 12 noon EST today.  Worst case would be Sunday, as

I can monitor the thread more closely.

Ronald J Epstein

#88 of 91 OFFLINE   John Doe

John Doe

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 03:46 AM

Great news, Ron! Keep' em coming.

#89 of 91 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,262 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted October 30 2013 - 08:40 AM

If you need some assistance on obscurity, I might be able to help.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#90 of 91 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 954 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 10:02 AM

I can as well.  I'm an expert in obscure things about films especially pre 80's.

Ken

#91 of 91 ONLINE   Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann

Supporting Actor

• 703 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 11:31 AM

Classic Golden Age titles will sit there gathering dust while every 80s piece of crap sells out immediately.  I've never quite seen anything like it.  

Bruce, you are my hero.  And, not only because of the wonderful soundtracks you put out.  I just hope and pray that there are more Golden Age titles in the upcoming batch!  

Edited by Ed Lachmann, October 30 2013 - 11:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users