What's new

NHelp me set up my home theatre! Pleasee. (1 Viewer)

Harry4

Auditioning
Real Name
Harry
I'm looking to set up a home theatre. I'm trying to get the highest quality possible through a projector and screen and some sort of hub.

I have a vast collection of 1080p HD iTunes movies/shows, would I be able to watch these in all their glory on some sort of projector and screen?

Aside from projector and screen, what sort of hub would I need? I want to be able to watch my 1080p iTunes movies even without wifi streaming, so maybe store them on some sort hard drive? Is that possible with iTunes movies?

What's the best solution for me? Money is not an object, I'm willing to pay top-dollar, but only if this buys me top quality audio and visual form my 1080p iTunes collection.

Thanks a million if you reply and help me out!

Harry4

Auditioning
Real Name
Harry
schan1269 said:
Top "dollar" is Wilson Audio. Can I shoot you a theatre that comes in at $750,000?
lol not quite that top dollar... the most I'd be willing to spend is 20-30k.. maybe even 40k if necessary.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
How big is this room? Light controlled?

What size screen are you shooting for? How far back are you sitting?

The computer aspect of this depends on how much storage you need. 1, 2, 5, 10 Tb? There are numerous programs to run from a storage drive. I personally do not rip my content to watch via a computer. That is best served by finding a mom/pop "computer build it store" in your area. Most likely they've done this before and can show you the various control programs out there.

But once we know the room requirements we can get you started toward AVR/pre-pro/amps, projector and screen.

mccambley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Casey
Projector JVC DLA=X75R for screens I like Da-Lite and Stewart. Tom Norton from HT mag advises, Don't go too big with the screen or sit too close to it. Don't assume that because a projector is expensive it will automatically work better on a larger screen. Maybe it will, but maybe it won't.
The optimum seating distance differs with screen size. You can get the same impact and picture quality from a smaller screen as you would seated further away from a larger one. The only advantage to the larger screen in this context is that it provides more impact to multiple rows of seating. The smaller screen also requires a less bright—and possibly less expensive—projector [SIZE=13.63636302947998px] A receiver is what I think you are calling a hub Denon AVR 4520. Speakers Golden Ear Triton Cinema Two.[/SIZE]
http://procision.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029155&pathId=71&page=10
http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/productdetail.aspx?catalog=denonna_us&pcatid=avsolutions(denonna)&catid=avreceivers(denonna)&pid=avr4520ci(denonna)
http://www.hometheater.com/content/goldenear-technology-tritoncinema-two

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks