Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Macy's Thanksgiving Parades

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm certain we will see no formal releases on these, but I'm curious if these would have survived in some format. I personally would love to see 78-83 again.

• Bob_S. likes this

#2 of 3 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,048 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted May 19 2013 - 05:39 PM

I think it's one of these "someone, somewhere was bound to tape it" things. Who would even have the rights to these? Macys? The networks? As you said, who the heck even knows if they survive? 

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#3 of 3 Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 586 posts

Posted May 21 2013 - 04:47 AM

Man, I thought I was the only one in the world that would like to have the Macy's Thanksgiving day Parades on dvd. I'd like to see them from that time period as well. Maybe extending through '86. I record these every year but end up deleting them because most of the parade is just musical numbers. I'd also like to see the CBS All-American Thanksgiving Day Parades, namely the ones hosted by William Conrad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users