• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,883 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted May 18 2013 - 02:31 PM

Still one of the Holy Grails of classic TV Batman, (sorry I couldn't pass it up) and still not a single release, still trying to figure what the holdup is, Fox, WB, Greenway Productions, royalties for all the cameos, in all of these years none of us have ever gotten a straight answer as to why this still isn’t released. This didn’t even make it to video tape!

Just a rant, but it would be nice to know if there has been any movement on this ever getting a release, and if it was released I say go back to the film and release in beautiful 1080P. I want it looking good, so good that I can see  Romero's mustache under the greasepaint.

any Insiders that frequent this forum, that have any info would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dana martin, May 18 2013 - 03:16 PM.

• Richard--W and bryan4999 like this
Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#2 of 9 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,806 posts

Posted May 19 2013 - 03:42 AM

Extensive threads on this already. Most recent: http://www.hometheat...88-1966-batman/

#3 of 9 dhammer

dhammer

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted May 19 2013 - 10:14 AM

There has been a lot written on this subject but none of it leaves with any idea of where things currently are at. As I said before, apparently the release of Batman the TV series is our nation's most guarded secret.

#4 of 9 borisfw

borisfw

Supporting Actor

• 835 posts

Posted May 19 2013 - 06:12 PM

I truely hope it gets released . But I gave up hope long ago .  :angry:

• Ron1973 likes this

#5 of 9 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,933 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted May 24 2013 - 05:24 AM

Still one of the Holy Grails of classic TV Batman, (sorry I couldn't pass it up) and still not a single release, still trying to figure what the holdup is, Fox, WB, Greenway Productions, royalties for all the cameos, in all of these years none of us have ever gotten a straight answer as to why this still isn’t released. This didn’t even make it to video tape!

Just a rant, but it would be nice to know if there has been any movement on this ever getting a release, and if it was released I say go back to the film and release in beautiful 1080P. I want it looking good, so good that I can see  Romero's mustache under the greasepaint.

any Insiders that frequent this forum, that have any info would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone here had any info they could share, believe me, they would have.

Probably the first (and biggest) "best bet" for any chance of an announcement this year would be during (or immediately after) the San Diego ComiCon. There's a bunch of other (non-DVD/Blu) merchandise related to the show coming out this year thanks to the marketing deal. If they rights holders quietly worked out their problems by now, you can bet there'd be a huge announcement timed to coincide with ComiCon.

If there's no announcement (or any hints) during ComiCon, it's probably 99% safe to say there are still roadblocks in place and one should give up on 2013.

I'm not sure 2013 would even be likely (unless the rights issues were quietly worked out last year and kept secret), because for them to do the kind of release that most of us want--digitally restored from the original 35mm elements--would take some time to clean up, and I doubt any restoration work would have been carried out on this without any prospects of a release.

It might be a good idea to close this thread soon, so that all Batman discussion is limited to the main thread that's already here.

Edited by AndyMcKinney, May 24 2013 - 05:25 AM.

#6 of 9 Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,717 posts

Posted May 24 2013 - 05:52 AM

It appears that they have created HD masters since the episodes looked rather good when they ran on the Hub's HD channel.

If anyone here had any info they could share, believe me, they would have.

Probably the first (and biggest) "best bet" for any chance of an announcement this year would be during (or immediately after) the San Diego ComiCon. There's a bunch of other (non-DVD/Blu) merchandise related to the show coming out this year thanks to the marketing deal. If they rights holders quietly worked out their problems by now, you can bet there'd be a huge announcement timed to coincide with ComiCon.

If there's no announcement (or any hints) during ComiCon, it's probably 99% safe to say there are still roadblocks in place and one should give up on 2013.

I'm not sure 2013 would even be likely (unless the rights issues were quietly worked out last year and kept secret), because for them to do the kind of release that most of us want--digitally restored from the original 35mm elements--would take some time to clean up, and I doubt any restoration work would have been carried out on this without any prospects of a release.

It might be a good idea to close this thread soon, so that all Batman discussion is limited to the main thread that's already here.

come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#7 of 9 DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,966 posts

Posted May 24 2013 - 10:18 AM

Does anyone really, honestly believe they can overcome the rights issues without impacting the SRP of the show?  

#8 of 9 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,910 posts

Posted May 24 2013 - 10:27 PM

Does anyone really, honestly believe they can overcome the rights issues without impacting the SRP of the show?  

SRP?

#9 of 9 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,837 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 25 2013 - 03:59 AM

SRP?

Suggest Retail Price. Not to speak for DeWilson but I assume he means that the companies involved will each want so much money that it will boost the price of the set(s).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users