What's new

Where Does Shout Stand Today With Classic TV? (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Does it seem to anyone else that Shout is quickly moving away from classic TV releases? They have the Gillis set out soon and are ongoing with Quincy, but they apparantly stalled all the rest of their unfinished classic series. Shout Select also seems virtually non existant anymore as well, unless you want early 90's Nick kid shows or MST3K. This would be a shame because this would only leave the 4 majors (well 3 and Fox) and Shout's other half Timeless (predominantly Westerns), plus the susbstantially smaller indies, to release the stuff most of us want. VEI seems to be more invested in the classics lately, and Madman if you want a foreign release, but that's about it. The other indies other there currently, to my knowlege, are very small. It would be hard for me to believe that we could get multiple releases of different shows from a low budget (and possibly) low quality company. I hope maybe another company would pop up to help us out, or maybe (perish the thought) Sony might do something with their MOD program.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Well. we've got a new player in the classic TV DVD and so far they've done a very good job, I'm talking about TGG with their recent releases of Sea Hunt, Highway Patrol, Bat Masterson (still waiting for season 3) and the coming soon TV series Ripcord. There's hope!

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
maskedmala said:
Well. we've got a new player in the classic TV DVD and so far they've done a very good job, I'm talking about TGG with their recent releases of Sea Hunt, Highway Patrol, Bat Masterson (still waiting for season 3) and the coming soon TV series Ripcord. There's hope!
I hope they are in for the long haul. Unlike Timeless, who seems to be focused on mostly Westerns, TGG seems to be interested in mining some other genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks