What's new

Morel speaker brand? (1 Viewer)

AlphaPie

Agent
Real Name
Lucax
First off, has anyone heard of this brand? While pricing out options for my home theater build my father in law told me he has some speakers he'd give me that he doesnt use often, so I went over to take a look at them. I didnt have time to listen to them and I'm not sure of the specs. Models below.

Seems to be these models:
Morel SA 2 for the front and back L-R
Morel SoundCenter C-5 center channel
Morel IS-9A sub

Any ideas on quality for these speakers?

AlphaPie

Agent
Real Name
Lucax
I'm more interested in the center and sub than the smaller sa 2 speakers. That sub seems a little under powered at 150watts

AlphaPie

Agent
Real Name
Lucax
schan1269 said:
I wouldn't use that center without the mains.
I think the mains are ugly haha.. really dont want those in my living room. However this will be free. I though about buying some floor standing speakers and using the rest for a 7.1 setup but I've been warned before about mixing different brand speakers or even different model speakers in the same setup...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Finding out what tweeter that is should not be difficult. Then it is a matter if finding who uses it now. Then buy towers when you find them.

AlphaPie

Agent
Real Name
Lucax
schan1269 said:
Finding out what tweeter that is should not be difficult. Then it is a matter if finding who uses it now.Then buy towers when you find them.
So, matching the tweeters is the key factor in mis matching speakers?

AlphaPie

Agent
Real Name
Lucax
AlphaPie said:
So, matching the tweeters is the key factor in mis matching speakers?
That is, if I can even find speakers using a tweeter similar to that one.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Basically, take a tweeter out. It as about a 2 minute process.There should be some identifying numbers. In all likelihood Morel sold that tweeter to thousands of other speaker manufacturers. Last I checked, there were 80,000 speaker manufacturers worldwide. With 85% of them with a US presence.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks