Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

How Has CBS Really Done By Collectors

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 of 27 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,287 posts

Posted May 25 2013 - 07:55 PM

Lost In Space is a Fox release, not CBS/Paramount.

#22 of 27 OFFLINE   PatrickGoodluck

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted May 25 2013 - 08:17 PM

Beg your pardon. Yes, the show was originally broadcast on CBS but not a CBS dvd release. I guess I can't blame them for everything. :rolleyes:

#23 of 27 OFFLINE   Wiseguy

Wiseguy

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 06:12 AM

I decided to do a some quick research and see how CBS has done so far with regard to their releases. I obtained these stats from info I got from the CBS syndication bible so please pardon me if there is a variation by a show or two or I missed one. These are the shows they claim to have the rights to, so if I'm wrong, you can blame them LOL. It shouldn't effect the %'s that much. What I did was figure up the total number of shows CBS has began and compared it to the number of classic shows they have completed, stalled, licensed, or completed, or "appear" to be in the progress of completing. The statistics I compiled are for all shows pre 90. Unreleased pre 60 shows like The Millionaire and Our Miss Brooks are not included. Here goes:

By my figuring, Out of the 56 shows CBS they own from 60-90, they have completed, licensed, or are in the progess of completing 42 shows (Andy Griffith, Becker, Bonanza, Bosom Buddies, Brady Bunch, Branded, Cannon, Car 54, Combat, Diagnosis Murder, Dynasty, Family Affair, Family Ties, Get Smart, Fugitive, Gomer Pyle, ZGUnsmoke, Guns Of Will Sonnett, Have Gun, Hawaii Five O, Hogan's Heroes, Honeymooners (ones available), I Love Lucy, Invaders, Laverne and Shirley, Grizzly Adams, Little House, Lucy Show, Macgyver, Mannix, Matlock, Mission Impossible, Odd Couple, Perry Mason, Rawhide, The Rebel (apparantly), Streets of San Fran, Taxi, Twin Peaks, Untouchables, Vegas, Webster, Wild Wild West.

Total = 43

This may seem a minor point to some but the title of the series has always been "Hawaii Five-0" never "Hawaii Five-O."  The five and 0 (zero) are both numbers.  Although some have taken to refer to the original as "Five-O" to distinguish from the new version, this is silly.  On both series the name of the team is named after numbers: the original after the 50th state, the new version after the number on a football jersey, if I remember correctly.  Through typos and ignorance the name "Five-O" has become widespread.  But it is always incorrect. 

#24 of 27 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,412 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 07:42 AM

Okay, then we have to start calling it "Hawaii five Zero."

#25 of 27 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted July 06 2013 - 06:11 AM

Good with giving us occasional surprises, still BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD with backing away any time anything vaguely treading into music rights comes up, and expunging Paramount Television's name from history. 

Another note: seems that the most glaring examples of the above come for sitcoms on ABC or NBC.  I wonder if someone has it out for anything not a hit on the Tiffany Network, but that's just the conspiracy theorist in me talking. 

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

#26 of 27 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,243 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted August 31 2013 - 11:17 AM

Seeing as we now have confirmation via the CBS Syndication Bible that S4 of The Beverly Hillbillies, S3 of Petticoat Junction and two season of Laverne and Shirley have been remastered for HD, I'm holding out hope for those to see DVD releases soon. They've given us the Honeymooners on Blu-Ray as well. If they'll finish out The Hillbillies and Barnaby Jones I'll be happy.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#27 of 27 OFFLINE   Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 936 posts

Posted August 31 2013 - 05:16 PM

CBS/Paramount has done pretty well by me. Except for Jake and the Fat Man, most everything I cared about has been completed. In fact, the only other CBS shows I'd want would be Slattery's People and The Great Adventure. Given their short runs, though, I hold very little hope. They're not even available from what are delicately called "alternative sources."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users