Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Noob here..which room should I put my TV in?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   SweetFish

SweetFish

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted May 15 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hi all, I am currently in the process of building a new home and have been flip flopping over where to put the TV on the main floor. We have a large open Kitchen/Family which seems like the logical place for a TV however I really dont like the idea of having to mount the TV over the fireplace. I hate having to look up to watch and it also seems to complicate the speaker placement. Im thinking of putting the TV in the living room which is a smaller space but, in my unprofessional opinion, is more conducive to a solid home theater setup. My wife has confers about the "TV Room" being one of the first rooms you see when you walk into the house. I think the TV over the fireplace with speakers takes away from the elegance of a nice entertaining area. The living room is mostly open to the family room. I tried uploading a floorplan but was unable to because of storage limits..I assume thats because I'm a new member. Your opinions are appreciated as I need to make a decision on this very soon.

Heres a link to the floorplan layout. 

Edited by SweetFish, May 16 2013 - 06:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users