Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Polk TSi300 or other Floor standing speakers?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   AlphaPie

AlphaPie

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted May 14 2013 - 01:04 PM

Given that my current TV stand just wont support bookshelf speakers and I <3 towers I'm looking at Polk mainly because of price and positive reviews. I'd like to stay under $300 for each.

Polk TSi 300 seem to be the greatest value at $160 each I'd love to spend that kind of money if the quality is there

Def Tech BP8P comes to mind at $300 a piece

Polk new monitor series is also around the same price point.

This is a small space that won't need a ton of sound. Suggestions? Anyone own the Tsi300?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,718 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted May 15 2013 - 01:19 PM

The Monitor series is supposed to be basically the same but in a less-attractive cabinet. You could save some money with the T55's from Newegg.com

http://www.newegg.co...anding Speakers

. It looks like the larger T65's are no longer available. The other popular choice is the Infinty Primus P363 often on sale for $234 a pair at Fry's in-store only. The Infinity's offer a softer, warmer sound then the Polks which are usually on the brighter side of the spectrum.

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users