What's new

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
SYTYCD begins its 10th season tonight, following the Idol finale.

The format is going to be the same as season 9.

Confirmed all-stars this year are: tWitch, Witney, Lauren (Froderman), Neil, Allison, Mark, Kathryn, and Robert.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Hah, I knew you would post about tWitch, Hanson :) You'll really be happy to hear that he is also a guest judge for at least one of the audition rounds!

I happened to like Witney...

Can't wait for Allison.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The same Witney on DwtS this season?

Allison is amazeballs. I love staring at Kathryn.

I always thought Robert was a weaker dancer than most of his all-star contemporaries.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
They like Robert because he "gets" choreography. Maybe he is a little off the skill of others, but you know it will be correct. He's the type that will never be "the show", but the type that can do "anything on short notice". Sometimes those are the highest paid dancers.

Witney(who I called Courtney over at DWTS) as an all-star makes sense. Seriously, DWTS picks her up, I'm sure the all-star payday is more.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
They were trying to make Witney the new Chelsie, but she wasn't even close. I mean, yeah, anyone is going to suffer being compared to Chelsie, but Witney was one of the weakest ballroom girls they've had on the show, and the judges had to keep saving her ass.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Right, but she was a troupe dancer on DwtS, her BFF Lindsay got the Pro Dancer gig, and was paired with the boxer who had a romantic meltdown mid-way through the season.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I don't think Lindsay did any worse than Chelsie did.It isn't like Julianne is ever coming back. Have no idea why Chelsie wasn't back. Sure they "could have" used Oksana(can she do choreography?).I don't think the pool of "ballroom dancers with television experience" is very big.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Witney Carson:

tumblr_mmjwtiw2la1qhjq51o1_500.jpg

Lindsay Arnold:

lindsay-arnold.jpg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Maybe Pascha and Anya decided they'd had enough. Don't know why Witney is getting grief. Outside Chelsie, arguably the best ballroomer not doing ballroom. And the ballroom dances tended to stymie anybody not a ballroom dancer.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I did not need to see a dislocated knee in slow motion!!! Geez Lou-weez!!!

I never understand why these b-boy dancers who know about SYTYCD don't learn how to deal with choreography if they're going to audition. That dude was 28 years old, no excuses!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The amazing part is that she didn't tear anything, popped the knee back in, wrapped it, and was able to do a half speed performance. But I was wincing during the entire audition.

For someone who spent so little time dancing, she was way better than I thought she would be. Either that or she's been training for years but it made a better story that way. Like Russell the Crumper who was "untrained", provided you discount all the years he spent in various performing arts schools.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
She was totally trained. She's probably not counting the years where softball took priority. She was totally trained, though.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Really strong audition round tonight. I suspect a number of tonight's ladies will make it through to the live show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No more kid dancing, please!

That brunette with the sort of gumby dance legs was so pretty. (The one with the parents singing "Good Night").

The first girl (blonde) seemed to be dancing and playing to the judges too much with her smiling and sexuality, but she was dang pretty too.

Too much bone-breaking, I couldn't really enjoy what I watching with all them limbs going in and out of their sockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks