Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Here goes, as Networks begin to release their schedules:

NBC:

MONDAY8-10 p.m. – “The Voice”10-11 p.m. – “THE BLACKLIST”

TUESDAY8-9 p.m. – “The Voice”9-9:30 p.m. – “ABOUT A BOY”9:30-10 p.m. – “THE FAMILY GUIDE”10-11 p.m. – “Chicago Fire”

WEDNESDAY8-9 p.m. – “Revolution”9-10 p.m. – ”Law & Order: SVU”10-11 p.m. – “IRONSIDE”

THURSDAY8-8:30 p.m. – “Parks and Recreation”8:30-9 p.m. – “WELCOME TO THE FAMILY”9-9:30 p.m. – “SEAN SAVES THE WORLD”9:30-10 p.m. – “THE MICHAEL J. FOX SHOW”10-11 p.m. – “Parenthood”

FRIDAY8-9 p.m. – “Dateline NBC”9-10 p.m. – “Grimm”10-11 p.m. – “CROSSBONES”

SATURDAY8-10 p.m. – Encore and specials programming10-11 p.m. – “Saturday Night Live” (Encore)

SUNDAY7-8 p.m. – “Dateline NBC”8-9 p.m. – “AMERICAN DREAM BUILDERS”9-10 p.m. – “BELIEVE”10-11 p.m. – “CRISIS”

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Glad they moved Grimm back to Fridays, I got so adjusted to it, didn't care for their recent move to Tuesdays.

Along with Chicago Fire and Revolution, I'm actually starting to watch NBC shows once again. Looks like they may finally be heading in the right direction.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Not much there that interests me about NBC's schedule, but I'll likely give some of the comedies a sample. And Grimm is a keeper, of course.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
So About a Boy is an Americanization of the book and movie. I enjoyed both.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
mattCR said:
Here goes, as Networks begin to release their schedules:

NBC:
FRIDAY

8-9 p.m. – “Dateline NBC”
9-10 p.m. – “Grimm”
10-11 p.m. – “DRACULA"/"CROSSBONES”
I think "Dracula" has the Friday 10PM slot to kick-off fall (10 episodes). "Crossbones" will follow later.

View attachment 1430

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Typical schedule for a network that is floundering about in search of an identity. They're throwing anything they can find on the wall while hoping something sticks.

Bummer; I used to really like NBC.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I saw Fox's new schedule online this morning. Some switches around there that were kind of unexpected. I'll let someone post it before going into detail.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Fox's schedule:

MONDAY
8-9 PM – Bones (fall) /Almost Human (new; late fall)
9-10 PM – Sleepy Hollow (new; fall) / The Following (midseason)

TUESDAY
8-8:30 PM – Dads (new)
8:30-9 PM – Brooklyn Nine-Nine (new)
9-9:30 PM – New Girl
9:30-10 PM – The Mindy Project

WEDNESDAY
8-10 PM – The X Factor (fall) /American Idol (midseason)

THURSDAY
8-9 PM – The X Factor Results (fall) / American Idol Results (midseason)
9-10 PM – Glee (fall) / Rake (new; midseason)

FRIDAY
8-9 PM – Junior Masterchef (new; fall)
9-10 PM – Sleepy Hollow encores (fall)

SCHEDULED FOR LATE FALL
8-9 PM – Bones (late fall)
9-9:30 PM – Raising Hope (late fall)
9:30-10 PM – Enlisted (new; late fall)

SATURDAY
7-10:30 PM – Fox Sports Saturday
11 PM-12:30 AM – Animation Domination

SUNDAY
7-7:30 PM – NFL Game (fall)
7-8 PM - The OT (fall)
8-8:30 PM – The Simpsons
8:30-9 PM - Bob’s Burgers
9-9:30 PM - Family Guy
9:30-10 PM – American Dad

------

The head of Fox programming said Fox TV was now focused on year-round programming, be it 13, 15, 17, 22, 24 episode seasons.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The only thing I watch on Fox are the cartoons, and may still watch The Mindy Project.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
TravisR said:
Even if Fox is cheaping out by violating the 24 hour format (though they'll pretend that it was purely done to help the story), it'll still be great to see Jack Bauer back on TV.
I agree. There really hasn't been anything quite like this series on TV since it left the air, and I'm looking forward to a new run even if it's abbreviated.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was so turned off by the second half of 24's first season, that I haven't gone back. Even though I know things were better planned out in subsequent seasons, the shorter slate of episodes sounds good to me just in terms of concept. I guess I have some catching up to do also. :D

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Unusual that BONES begins the season on Monday night and then after the World Series it switches to Fridays. GLEE has some episodes prior to the Series and then goes away until spring when it picks up and continues into the summer.Some strange ideas in Fox's attempt to become a 12 month programming network.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
Unusual that BONES begins the season on Monday night and then after the World Series it switches to Fridays.
I get the feeling that that's an experiment and if it fails, it'll quickly be moved into a spot of one of the shows that gets canned early on in the year.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
NBC:Depending on what else ends up on Mondays, I'll probably check out "The Blacklist". The script for the pilot was very well-regarded, and it's the kind of role Spader was born to play.I'm much happier with "Revolution" in an 8PM timeslot. It's always felt like more of a family adventure show than a gritty 10PM drama.Putting "Parks & Rec" in the 8 PM death slot is either an extreme vote of confidence or a euthenesia. I'm going to check out "The Michael J. Fox" show, because he's so talented that I'll give anything he's doing a shot."Crossbones" is another one that I have marginal interest in, so it'll depend on the competition."Believe" might be the new show I'm most interested in, and that's down to Alfonso Cuaron being the writer/director. I'll also probably give "Crisis" a try. Since they're on Sundays, I'm guessing they won't start until Sunday Night Football is over.
Steve Tannehill said:
So About a Boy is an Americanization of the book and movie. I enjoyed both.
Yes. And David Walton, who I thought was pretty great in NBC's shortlived "Bent", is playing the Americanized Will Freeman. Spot-on casting, in my opinion. I'm a little more worried about the casting of Minnie Driver as Fiona and Benjamin Stockholm as Marcus. I hope the girl they get for Ellie is right for the role, because she was my favorite character from the book and one they should have room to develop here. I'm concerned that with it being a half-hour sitcom that a lot of the darker elements of the story will be watered down, particularly Fiona's suicidal tendencies.FOX:I wish they were filming "Sleepy Hollow" in the Tarrytowns instead of North Carolina. The real area has a certain unique quality to it that you don't get anywhere else.I'd definitely watch "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" with its behind-the-scenes pedigree if Andy Samberg didn't have a face I'd like to punch. The guy just really rubs me the wrong way, and I'm not sure why. So it's a maybe.I might give "Rake" a try; it's Fox's big-name prestige offering for this season.I'm a little worried about "Raising Hope" getting exiled to Fridays. I'm kind of hoping one of the new comedies crashes and burns on Tuesdays so there's room back there on the schedule for "Hope."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Putting "Parks & Rec" in the 8 PM death slot is either an extreme vote of confidence or a euthenesia. I'm going to check out "The Michael J. Fox" show, because he's so talented that I'll give anything he's doing a shot.
I doubt NBC has any delusions about it doing all that well against Big Bang Theory but I think it's partly a vote of confidence and partly their only move to make. Putting a brand new show against a Chuck Lorre sitcom is likely dooming that show so the only move is to put their best known sitcom on at that time and hope for the best & hope that the other shows catch on in their less competitive time slots.

Parks And Recreation is the best show on network TV in years. If that doesn't get people to watch, nothing else will. :)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
ABC's schedule has been released.

MONDAY:8:00 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars"10:00 p.m. "Castle"

TUESDAY:8:00 p.m. "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."9:00 p.m. "The Goldbergs"9:30 p.m. "Trophy Wife"10:00 p.m. "Lucky 7"

WEDNESDAY:8:00 p.m. "The Middle"8:30 p.m. "Back in the Game"9:00 p.m. "Modern Family"9:30 p.m. "Super Fun Night"10:00 p.m. "Nashville"

THURSDAY:8:00 p.m. "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland"9:00 p.m. "Grey's Anatomy"10:00 p.m. "Scandal"

FRIDAY:8:00 p.m. "Last Man Standing"8:30 p.m. "The Neighbors"9:00 p.m. "Shark Tank"10:00 p.m. "20/20"

SATURDAY:8:00 p.m. "Saturday Night College Football"

SUNDAY:7:00 p.m. "America's Funniest Home Videos"8:00 p.m. "Once Upon a Time"9:00 p.m. "Revenge"10:00 p.m. "Betrayal"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks