Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Shows That Will Never Be Released

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#161 of 171 JMas

JMas

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 08:03 PM

Kodiak with Clint Walker.  According to epguides.com 13 episodes were filmed, but only 4 aired in Fall, 1974.

#162 of 171 jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 1,689 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 08:29 PM

i did go to neil's link

one of the posts listed what might have been all 150 in alphabetical order

not a one brought back any recall

herbie the love bug gave me a memory, but wasnt there a movie called the love bug ?  i am guessing that this is what i really recall.  i think it was about a car ?  even then i thought it was too stupid - so i dont think i ever saw it.

#163 of 171 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,200 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 08:38 AM

The Love Bug was a movie about a car (A Volkswagon Beetle) Which had a mind of it's own.

BTW NEVER say never, their was a time we all thought the following series were't ever going to see the light of day:

The Six Million Doller Man/Bionic Woman

China Beach

Batman

The Wonder Years

As well as others.

So just hang loose, and celebrate whenever a "Holy Grail" series gets released on DVD and/or Blu-Ray. :thumbsup:

• Ron1973 likes this

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 33,704( 733 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,379  :biggrin:  Serial Chapters - 1,102 :B)

#164 of 171 Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 589 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 05:32 PM

The Tim Conway Show 1980-1981

I remember watching it as a kid. It's finally on youtube or at least some of the shows. The one skit I remember is the parody on the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial. Tim was the kid and each time he gave Mean Joe (don't remember if it was actually him)  the Coke he would throw something back at him and one time it was an empty Coke bottle that hit him on the head. :lol:

• Ron1973 likes this

#165 of 171 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,899 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted March 12 2014 - 10:44 AM

The Tim Conway Show 1980-1981

I remember watching it as a kid. It's finally on youtube or at least some of the shows. The one skit I remember is the parody on the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial. Tim was the kid and each time he gave Mean Joe (don't remember if it was actually him)  the Coke he would throw something back at him and one time it was an empty Coke bottle that hit him on the head. :lol:

The main sketch (or series of sketches) I have burnt into my memory is the Fantasy Island spoof, with Korman in the Roarke role, and Conway (as per "Dorf") in the Tattoo role!

#166 of 171 UniversalPhan

UniversalPhan

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 11:43 AM

Far as U.S. releases go, these shows will never be released:

Baywatch

Automan

Shows that will never be completed:

WKRP in Cincinnatti

Chips

Invisible Man (2000)

Equalizer

seaQuest DSV

#167 of 171 jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 1,689 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 01:49 PM

hi brad,

did not want to misdirect the osb thread any more.

but this thread is a compilation of shows mentioned by everyone

i did sort of not put in game shows, talk shows, etc.

but many of these shows i dont know, so it is not my list.

but the fact that i dont say that it will come out does not at all mean that i think it wont come out.

i have no opinion, cuz i did not watch the show, dont know anything about the show.

all my comments were on shows that i had seen.  and there have been more shows in the past that came out that were not on the list, cuz they already came out.  so not just wonder years and batman (which would not have been on my it will come out list).

i am not completely surprised by batman.  but it is a highly specialized show, in that during its initial run, it appealed mainly to young boys.  i liked it, but then i was a young boy.  wonder years, on the other hand, was a shoo-in, cuz it was a really big shoo !!

but before they came out, they were one of the "shows that will never come out".

the reason i asked you to start the thread is that it seemed a little egotistical of me to start my own thread about the shows that i think will eventually be released.

but i have said yes to quite a few shows.

#168 of 171 jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 1,689 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 01:51 PM

in any case, the list on this thread is for everyone's choices.

so i would not want to mess it up with my choices.

#169 of 171 jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 1,689 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 06:26 PM

death valley days is on it way

i think we will continue to see these shows released as time permits.

it is not as if the studios have an infinite supply of shows to release.

i think something that some of you guys forget is that there is only one cost to transfer the show.

afterwards, it can be sold in perpetuity.

i think it is a mistake to think that these shows will only sell to people who saw the original airings.

although i do agree that if a show has not been shown in syndication for a long time, it may take some advertising to sell the shows.  or at least take a lot longer for the average viewer to become aware of the show.

for example, i knew nothing about wonder years.  i had to be told to watch it, cuz the person told me he knew that i would like it.

it is the show itself that sold it to me.

and i think this very thing is common.  if a show touches the human condition, it pretty much will always touch the human condition.

a show like the wonder years will have meaning for as many generations to come as i can imagine.

to think that wonder years and many other shows like it are gonna simply stay on the shelf forever is very incorrect thinking, in my opinion.

one step beyond does not fall into the same high level as wonder years, but high enough that i am willing to put it in my boat.

#170 of 171 watcher1

watcher1

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 16 2014 - 06:40 AM

Dee  Greetings. I was just looking around and stumbled onto this conversation.  Being as how collecting old tv shows on dvd is my main hobby these days, I read all of the posts with great interest.  The last post was back in April, so I may be too late to the dance.  However, I'd like to put my two cents in anyway. 

The list of programs I am looking for on dvd is long and varied.  While it remains "unlikely" that many of these shows will find their way onto disc, I remain always hopeful.  I now own both Bearcats! and Barbary Coast.  That strikes me as a good sign.  We must remember that, while companies want product that will sell very well, when the obvious titles are exhausted, they still need some kind of product in order to stay in business.  That's when they will turn to the next tier.  At this point, the real challenge is getting the programs onto dvd before the medium itself becomes obsolete.  I'm a collector.  Collectors must collect.  And, it just wouldn't be the same trying to collect streamed programs. 

So, for what it's worth, here is a list of shows I am looking for on dvd, but not really expecting to find.  I am speaking here of officially released season/series sets of acceptable quality.  In the interest of space, I will limit myself to only those titles that I would lay money down on today, if they were offered for sale.  And, I will try not to plow ground that has already been covered.  Here we go:

The Roy Rogers Show / The Quick Draw McGraw Show / The Man and the Challenge / McKeever and the Colonel / The Green Hornet / Hawk / The Most Deadly Game / The 21st Century / My World and Welcome to It / The Dakotas / Temple Houston / The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn / The New People / The Lone Ranger (1966) / The Rogues / The Smothers Brothers Show (1965) / Jericho (1966) / Malibu U. / Dundee and the Culhane / Judd for the Defense / NYPD / The Outcasts / Then Came Bronson / The Young Rebels / Make Your Own Kind of Music / The Andy Williams Show (1969)

The Chicago Teddy Bears / Getting Together / The D.A. / Cool Million / Banyon / Hec Ramsey / The Magician / Toma / Dirty Sally / Lucas Tanner / Sierra / The Texas Wheelers / The New Land / Nakia / The Quest (1976) / Gemini Man / Richie Brockelman, Private Eye / Sword of Justice / The Associates / Best of the West / Bring 'Em Back Alive / Flamingo Road / The Rousters / Wildside / Masquerade / Misfits of Science / Mike Hammer (1984) / Our World / Outlaws (1986) / J.J. Starbuck / Guns of Paradise / Midnight Caller / Elvis / Doctor, Doctor / I'll Fly Away / Civil Wars / Brooklyn Bridge / Raven / Homefront / Spy Game / The Marshal / The Visitor / The Fugitive (2000) / Boston Public / Dragnet (2003)

#171 of 171 maskedmala

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator

• 144 posts

Posted July 16 2014 - 11:33 AM

Here's my list of, mostly, 50's and 60's TV shows in Glorious B&W

For the Crime/Drama genre. some titles that might be interesting include: Philip

Marlowe (w/Philip Carey), Dante (w/ Howard Duff), Richard Diamond (w/ David

Janssen), China Smith (w/ Dan Duryea), Johnny Midnight (w/ Edmond O'Brien), New

Adventures of Charlie Chan (w/ J. Carrol Naish), Boston Blackie (w/ Kent Taylor),

Colonel March of Scotland Yard (w/ Boris Karloff), The Thin Man (w/ Peter Lawford),

Shannon (w/ George Nader), I Led Three Lives (w/ Richard Carlson), Follow that man

(w/ Ralph Bellamy), Craig Kennedy, Criminologist (w/ Donald Woods), City Detective

(w/ Rod Cameron), Tightrope! (w/ Mike Connors), The Third Man (w/ Michael Rennie),
Decoy (w/ Beverly Garland), Passport to Danger (w/ Cesar Romero), Lock-Up (w/

Macdonald Carey)

For the Adventure genre, some titles that might be interesting include: Ivanhoe (w/

Roger Moore), Richard the Lionheart (w/ Dermot Walsh), Captain Midnight (w/ Richard

Webb), Rocky Jones Space Ranger (w/ Richard Crane), The Count of Monte Cristo (w/

George Dolenz), Captain Gallant of the Foreign Legion (w/ Buster Crabbe). Adventures

in Paradise (w/ Gardner McKay), The Adventures of Dr. Fu Manchu (w/ Glen Gordon),

Circus Boy (w/Mickey Braddock), Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe (w/ Judd

Holdren), Jungle Jim (w/ Johnny Weismuller), Flash Gordon (1954) (w/ Steve Holland)

For the Comedy genre, some titles that might be interesting include: It's About Time

(w Joe E. Ross), No Time for Sergeants (w/ Sammy Jackson), Dusty's Trail (w/ Bob

Denver), Broadside (w/ Kathleen Nolan), The Baileys of Balboa (w/ Paul Ford), Camp

Runamuck (w/ Arch Johnson), Love That Bob (w/ Robert Cummings). Blondie (1957) (w/

Pamela Britton), Amos 'n' Andy w/ Alvin Childress), Boots and Saddles (w/ John M.

Pickard), Meet Corliss Archer (w/ Ann Baker), My Hero (w/ Bob Cummings), Private

Secretary (w/ Ann Sothern), Topper (w/ Leo G. Carroll), Mister Terrific (w/ Stephen

Strimpell), Pistols 'n' Petticoats (w/ Ann Sheridan)

For the Western genre, some titles that might be interesting to see: Klondike (w/

Ralph Taeger), The Roy Rogers Show (w/ Roy Rogers), Buffalo Bill, Jr. (w/ Dickie

Jones), Johnny Ringo (w/ Don Durant), Lawman (w/ John Russell), Sheriff of Cochise

w/ John Bromfield)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users