What's new

Scene from a movie where male actor is in awe of his surroundings? (1 Viewer)

Cassy_w

Second Unit
So you guys helped with my first question. I have one more. My last.

I need a scene from a movie where a male actor, preferably under 35, is in awe of his surroundings. A scene where the look on his face is like, "WOW! This is incredible!"

Any ideas?

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
The scene that comes to mind for me is Tron Legacy where Sam Flynn finds himself on the grid for the first time.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
The crew in KING KONG, esp. the most recent version, where Jack Black's jaw nearly drops as he surveys the landscape of Skull Island.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
OK, let me be more specific. No Sci-Fi. No monsters. Just a normal person in our real world who is in a new place (city, safari, etc.) and he (or she) has a look of "Wow, this is amazing" on his or her face.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
A Room With A View (1985), where George Emerson (Julian Sands) is so taken by the beauty of the italian landscape he is walking through he just screams *BEEAAUUUTYYY!* at the top of his lungs.
Great scene in a great movie.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Cassy_w said:
OK, let me be more specific. No Sci-Fi. No monsters. Just a normal person in our real world who is in a new place (city, safari, etc.) and he (or she) has a look of "Wow, this is amazing" on his or her face.
There's gotta be a million "small town girl comes to New York for the first time" movies like that. I'm thinking THE BEST OF EVERYTHING (1959) off the top of my head, not that I can give you a specific scene. Something with Debbie Reynolds has gotta fit the bill, also. (THE RAT RACE, 1960?)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The scene from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan when Kirk sees the Enterprise for the first time with Scotty in the pod. What was cool was you felt the same he did.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
todd s said:
The scene from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan when Kirk sees the Enterprise for the first time with Scotty in the pod. What was cool was you felt the same he did.
Do you mean Star Trek: The Motion Picture?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mr. Smith's tour of Washington.John Savage entering Central Park in HairYoung Vito on the boat approaching New York in Godfather IIRudy stepping onto the Notre Dame field

Cassy_w

Second Unit
No Sci-Fi. No Sci-Fi. No Sci-Fi. :)

I will check out On the Town.

What would work best is a modern day film. 80's to present day. That's what I need to really pull off what I am trying to pull off.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
First, are we helping you cheat! :D

How about in "August Rush" when the boy is on the city street for the first time and makes everything he hears into music.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
LoL, no, you are not. :D

I think I found what I need. Bill Murray in the car at the beginning of Lost in Translation. he has the correct look of WOW on his face in one shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks