What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm sure many here will be sitting down to view The Great Escape this weekend. Fortunately, this past Monday, I was able to find the time to view that great, but long film on BD. Anyhow, now I have to find other titles to watch this weekend which is when I usually do most of my disc viewing as I have little time during the weekdays due to work and other distractions.

I'm going to revisit the Image DVD of And Then There Were None. A personal favorite film of mine that I haven't watched in some years. After viewing the Image DVD, I will probably do some comparisons to the VCI DVD as it looks like VCI will be releasing this film on BD this summer. I don't expect much in regard to video presentation from either DVD, but it gives me a chance to watch a favorite film again.

My second plan viewing is the BD of The Strange Love of Martha Ivers starring my all-time favorite actress Barbara Stanwyck. This viewing is to address a subject matter from another thread about some DVDs being superior in presentation over the BD release. I don't remember after seeing a DVD of a film that is superior to the BD release of the same film. However, others have mentioned they have experience such and this is one of those titles mentioned in that thread. Anyhow, I'll view this Film Chest BD in its entirety then compared it to the Paramount DVD release. Before doing the comparison, I have to admit that others might be right about this title as I thought the Paramount DVD was very good to excellent when I viewed it last.

Now, that probably takes up Saturday for me. My Sunday choices will most likely be film noir or classic film-related too as I'm participating in the Film Noir or Classic Film Challenge thread for May in the Movies area of HTF. I'm thinking about Hell's Half Acre, Champion, Hoodlum Empire and Cloak and Dagger. Two of those four BDs from Olive will be viewed tomorrow on Sunday.

Edited: Since I'm retired now, every day is a weekend day to me so what's on your daily viewing list?

Last edited:

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I have a free month of Hulu Plus, so I am catching up on the Israeli series Prisoners of War which is the basis of Homeland. I also have a couple of weeks left on Netflix, so I might try House of Cards.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My plan right now is to review the upcoming Criterion 3:10 to Yuma this evening. That will take care of Saturday. (Have some TV recorded earlier this week that I haven't gotten around to: Supernatural, Glee).

On Sunday, I hope to finally get a chance to watch Argo. I also have The Lorax in 3D that I want to watch. I may get a review done on Sunday, too with the Fox MOD Irish Eyes Are Smiling.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I plan on finally watching The Great Escape this weekend. The weather is lousy, and my wife will be out of the house Saturday evening -- a perfect storm for viewing this film.

Les Miserables should be arriving today, so that may be on the viewing menu for Sunday night.

Reactions: PMF

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
possible for this weekend

Babe: Pig in the City

The Great Escape

Funny Girl

and that all depends on if the wife doesnt want to paint inside the house

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Last night was The Gay Divorcee and The Band Wagon (it was Fred Astaire's birthday).Today is The Great Escapr, new Doctor Who episode, and some errands.For tomorrow? Well I have a list of my movies in a spreadsheet (about 460 titles) with last viewed date, so I usually choose something from near the bottomDavid

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Friday night, the latest episode of Grimm from our DVR and some basketball. I tried to watch the first episode of Perry Mason but my PS3 insisted on making it widescreen so I quit and tried to figure out how to fix it, with no success so far.

Saturday, some more golf, some baseball, Doctor Who in a few minutes and maybe Iron Man (in prep for my wife and I going to see IM3 on Monday).

Sunday, whatever my wife wants to watch since it's mother's day. This past week I got the Marilyn Monroe collection (Amazon Deal of the Day) so I may watch one of it's entries.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im testing my code free blu ray player - and I played one blu ray Quatermass and the Pit and all of my PAL/Import DVDs this weekend that id like to see on Blu Ray
I took in
Caltiki the Immortal Monster
Godzilla vs King ghidorah
Warlords of Atlantis
Sleep My Love
Vault of Horror (Vipco uncut)
the rest of the night Im undecided but it will be blu rays
Tomorrow being Mothers day Im leaning toward
Psycho
Artificial Intelligence
Baby Secret of the Long Legend
I Accuse My Parents
It will be a rough day for me tomorrow since my mother passed away due to cancer last year..
I will say watching movies is the best distraction one could ask for ! :)

larryKR

Stunt Coordinator
I watched JACK REACHER Saturday night (I liked it), and planning to watch THE GREAT ESCAPE Sunday night after I'm finished with Mother's day obligations

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Cloak And Dagger: Fritz Lang, Gary Cooper and a very young Lilli Palmer who is excellent.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I recently noticed that Netflix's collection of streaming B westerns from Republic are about to expire in June and July, so I'm busy trying to catch as many as I can before they are gone. Obviously a double edged sword since most of these will never come out on physical media, but sadly are subject to the seemingly whimsical contracts of how long they are available to stream. In any case, as with many things in life, the deadline is giving me an excuse to act, so I am loving the opportunity to check out this too often neglected part of film history.

Great topic. See you next weekend!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm sure many here will be sitting down to view The Great Escape this weekend. Fortunately, this past Monday, I was able to find the time to view that great, but long film on BD. Anyhow, now I have to find other titles to watch this weekend which is when I usually do most of my disc viewing as I have little time during the weekdays due to work and other distractions.

I'm going to revisit the Image DVD of And Then There Were None. A personal favorite film of mine that I haven't watched in some years. After viewing the Image DVD, I will probably do some comparisons to the VCI DVD as it looks like VCI will be releasing this film on BD this summer. I don't expect much in regard to video presentation from either DVD, but it gives me a chance to watch a favorite film again.

My second plan viewing is the BD of The Strange Love of Martha Ivers starring my all-time favorite actress Barbara Stanwyck. This viewing is to address a subject matter from another thread about some DVDs being superior in presentation over the BD release. I don't remember after seeing a DVD of a film that is superior to the BD release of the same film. However, others have mentioned they have experience such and this is one of those titles mentioned in that thread. Anyhow, I'll view this Film Chest BD in its entirety then compared it to the Paramount DVD release. Before doing the comparison, I have to admit that others might be right about this title as I thought the Paramount DVD was very good to excellent when I viewed it last.

Now, that probably takes up Saturday for me. My Sunday choices will most likely be film noir or classic film-related too as I'm participating in the Film Noir or Classic Film Challenge thread for May in the Movies area of HTF. I'm thinking about Hell's Half Acre, Champion, Hoodlum Empire and Cloak and Dagger. Two of those four BDs from Olive will be viewed tomorrow on Sunday.
Well, last week's viewing plans didn't work out like I hoped. I did view the discs for And Then There Were None and The Strange Love of Martha Ivers. However, my Sunday viewing plans went into the garbage disposal. I spent most of Sunday watching baseball and golf.

It's time to formulate a new viewing plan for this weekend. So many choices with so little time to view them. :( Some of my newly arrived Blu-rays:

An Officer and a Gentleman
City that Never Sleeps
Jubal
Ministry of Fear
Sneakers
The War Wagon
Joe Kidd

I'll probably try to watch at least two of the above along with either Champion or Cloak and Dagger this weekend. I will try to start today, Friday to give me a head start. :)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
This weekend my blu-ray plans include:

Cloud Atlas- Looking forward to seeing this.

The Vampire Lovers - Ingrid Pitt as a lesbian vampire...really that's all I have to say.

Ghostbusters - Going to take a look at the new 4k disc and see how it looks. Full disclosure, I do not have a Sony 4k tv and I've never seen the original blu-ray so I don't have much to compare this to.

The Hoax - This film contains one of Richard Gere's best performances I think and the entire cast is fantastic. I also love the subject matter being a long time fan of Orson Welles' F For Fake and always having an interest in Hughes. I may watch F For Fake as well either before or after The Hoax.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Like Crawdaddy, my plans for last weekend didn't work out at all (darned housework had to be done, and I had a lot of TV to catch up with before a new week of season finales), so I never got to Argo or The Lorax 3D.

With tonight free, I will probably get to The Lorax and I'd also like to rewatch a Charlie Chan movie from the last DVD boxset that was issued. I don't even remember which ones are in that set, but I know they were all the later Monogram titles.

Hopefully I can get to Argo either Saturday or Sunday at some point.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So it seems everyone's weekend plans got changed last week - not just me.Didn't get to The Great Escape. Usually watch with my boys, but it was a short weekend, they were at their mom's on Sunday, and things came up on Saturday which didn't leave enough time for TGE. Perhaps next weeken with its additional day.This weekend (after Star Trek and Doctor Who), probably my newly acquired UK versions of Disney Aladdin and DisneyTarzan. Maybe Second Chorus if I can find a copy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks