Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

RUNAWAY TRAIN

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 12:42 PM

I have always enjoyed the suspense in this prison break movie.  The US release is full screen DVD of very poor quality.  Amazon.uk is now taking orders for a Blu-ray release on 7/15.  Not sure of the Region-Code you never know until place the Blu-ray in the player and see what happens.  Placed an order today when I receive the Blu-ray I will report if it is Region "B" locked as well as the video/audio quality.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,030 posts

Posted May 11 2013 - 04:52 AM

Love this Jon Voight movie.  Perhaps my favorite film of his that he has done.

I would assume this still belongs to MGM domestically.  I tagged this thread with

a Fox label so that the studio might pick up on it.

Please let us know how the imported release is and if it is region locked.  I will

most likely order this as I have more uncertainty than not that MGM will get around

to releasing the title her in the states.

Looking forward to your review, Ernest.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   SAhmed

SAhmed

Stunt Coordinator

• 194 posts

Posted May 11 2013 - 06:21 AM

I totally agree with you guys. Assuming that it is a "quality" release then I shall pick it up asap otherwise will wait a while - I do not believe that it will be released on Blu here in the States. It is great to be region free!

Regards,

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted May 11 2013 - 10:53 AM

SAhmed I don't know if the Blu-ray of Runaway Train is Region-Free.  I won't know until I play the disc in one of my Region-Free players.  I will advise the Region-Code when  receive the disc.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   SAhmed

SAhmed

Stunt Coordinator

• 194 posts

Posted May 11 2013 - 02:26 PM

Ernest, I really appreciate your follow up but it looks like I wasn't clear in my closing remark. I am fortunate enough to have an Oppo 93 with a region free mod. I had meant that having the ability to play any Blu ray and/or DVD opens up options. Has it is likely that you will get "Runaway Train" before me, please still go ahead and let folks know if the disc itself is region free - if it is, it may encourage region-locked folks to appreciate this great movie!

I currently have Blu Ray versions of "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" and "My Name Is Nobody" on the way from Amazon Germany.

Regards,

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,780 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted May 11 2013 - 05:59 PM

Love this film. And Eric Roberts' Oscar nominated performance was heartbreaking. I want this now.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   atcolomb

atcolomb

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts
  • LocationChicago Area

Posted May 11 2013 - 06:45 PM

The UK blu-ray is being released by Arrow Video and on their webiste for the movie it says: Region 2/B.  Here are the extras for the disc:

Special Features:-High Definition transfer of the film prepared by MGM for the Cannes Film Festival premiere-High Definition Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film-Optional English SDH Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing-From Thespian to Fugitive – Star Jon Voight shares his memories of his Academy Award-nominated role-Running on Empty – An Interview with director Andrei Konchalovsky-The Calm Before the Chaos – Co-star Kyle T. Heffner remembers Runaway Train-Booklet featuring new writing on the film and a new interview with Runaway Train’s Production Designer Stephen Marsh conducted by Calum Waddell, illustrated with rare behind-the-scenes production images 

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   atcolomb

atcolomb

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts
  • LocationChicago Area

Posted May 11 2013 - 06:51 PM

Also this comes as a dual format blu-ray + dvd and i do have a all region dvd player so i might get this and play the dvd for now

and then one day i will have a all region blu-ray player and watch it in high def.  This is one of my favorite "train" movies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users