Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: Bus Stop (Blu-ray)

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 05:43 AM

img4.jpg

Bus Stop:

Marilyn Monroe gives an acclaimed performance in the romantic classic directed by Joshua Logan that features Don Murray in his Oscar®-Nominated role! When Bo (Murray) a naive rodeo rider, meets saloon performer Cherie (Monroe), he falls head over boots in love. After he literally lassoes Cherie onto a bus headed for Montana, where he plans to marry her, Cherie escapes off the bus - smack in the middle of a snowstorm. But if Bo can learn to reign in his emotions, he might convince Cherie to warm up to him in this rewarding film.

Bus Stop Special Features

Theatrical Trailer

More Monroe Movie Trailers

Bus Stop Blu-ray

Street Date:

July 30, 2013

Prebook Date:

July 3, 2013

Screen Format:

Widescreen 2.55:1

Audio:

English DTS-HD MA 4.0

Spanish Dolby Digital 1.0

French 4.0 DTS

Subtitles:

English SDH, Spanish, French

Total Run Time:

94 Minutes

Closed Captioned:

Yes

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 19 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 880 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 06:36 AM

I'm thrilled 2 more Monroe titles are being released on Blu!

Ken

#3 of 19 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 09:42 AM

A very welcome release. One of my favorite films of the 1950s. To my mind Bus Stop  is a William Inge play. Inge was one of the most telling  dramatists of his time. His plays are like time capsules that capture American ways of life. He won the Pulitzer for Picnic, the play on which the film was based. He also wrote the plays on which Come Back Little Sheba  and The Dark At the Top of the Stairs were based. As for Bus Stop, a lot of the dimension in Cherie is lost in Marilyn's performance, but what she doesn't get as an actress she sort of makes up for as a personality. Bus Stop has been remade a few times on television but the results weren't as good. Marilyn.is the brand. Incidentally, the entire cast is excellent, particularly Don Murray who is the real star of the film and Eileen Heckart as Vera.

#4 of 19 OFFLINE   Filmgazer

Filmgazer

Agent

• 34 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted May 10 2013 - 01:47 PM

Ron -- Thanks for the great news! I plan to pick this one up, as well as "Niagara".

#5 of 19 ONLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,888 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 10 2013 - 04:14 PM

Fantastic to see, but wish we could get some more comprehensive extras on these MM discs...

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#6 of 19 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted May 11 2013 - 12:36 PM

Wouldn't it be interesting if Fox included the 1980s revival of BUS STOP as a supplement. Margot Kidder played Cherie. It was videotaped in 1982 for cable tv.

#7 of 19 OFFLINE   Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts

Posted May 12 2013 - 01:39 PM

Wouldn't it be interesting if Fox included the 1980s revival of BUS STOP as a supplement. Margot Kidder played Cherie. It was videotaped in 1982 for cable tv.

I thought the same thing . Especially since the remake follows the original play which was changed quite a bit for the movie. The remake use to show up on the Fox movie channel quite a bit often listed in the TV listings as the Monroe film.

#8 of 19 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,056 posts

Posted May 14 2013 - 04:22 PM

Great news on Bus Stop coming to blu ray! I plan on picking this title up!

#9 of 19 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted May 15 2013 - 02:00 AM

Now available for preorder

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#10 of 19 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,056 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 01:50 PM

Any early reviews of this title yet?

#11 of 19 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,612 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 12 2013 - 06:21 PM

Fox doesn't typically send out advanced copies of their titles to reviewers. Those who print reviews early have another source for obtaining copies to review.

#12 of 19 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,056 posts

Posted July 21 2013 - 04:51 AM

Fox doesn't typically send out advanced copies of their titles to reviewers. Those who print reviews early have another source for obtaining copies to review.

It looks like Niagara was reviewed, so hopefully Bus Stop will be reviewed very soon too.

I'm also hoping that both of the new MM titles will have good pricing again. I'm hoping to pick them both up if this is the case.

I'll be looking at Costco and Wal Mart for sure.

#13 of 19 ONLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,888 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 22 2013 - 04:11 PM

Beaver's review is up!

http://www.dvdbeaver...top_blu-ray.htm

Looks like another winner.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

#14 of 19 OFFLINE   PODER

PODER

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted July 22 2013 - 04:44 PM

I agree that the TV Series of BUS STOP would be wonderful to own. I seem to remember that there was a "special" episode called "A Lion Walks Among Us" that starred then teen idol Fabian. As I recall, he acquited himself very well in it ... there was lots of publicity about "Fabian The Actor" at the time. Even if the whole series isn't released, it would make a nice Extra on the Monroe Blu-Ray ... altho it's undoubtedly way to late to be making such suggestions at this point. Ah, well ...

#15 of 19 OFFLINE   Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter

• 1,059 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted July 22 2013 - 07:22 PM

Not sure what to make of the Bus Stop images posted at DVD Beaver. They look a bit too bright and washed out to my eyes, and I don't recall the DVD looking that way, though it's been a few years since I last watched it. More importantly, I'm not sure if it's faithful to the actual look of the film - anyone in the know care to comment about that?

Regardless, I put in a large order at Amazon just now and included both this film and Niagara, so my Marilyn Monroe collection on blu is almost complete. All Fox needs to do is release Don't Bother to Knock and Let's Make Love, and I'll be completely happy. Oh and perhaps Monkey Business, but that's really more of a Cary Grant movie.

#16 of 19 ONLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,888 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 22 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'm ordering both "Niagara" and "Bus Stop" from the UK at this stage - unless the discs come down to the $10.49 mark on Amazon like all the other single MM titles, it's going to work out cheaper overall for me to get the UK equivalents.

#17 of 19 OFFLINE   Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter

• 1,059 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted July 22 2013 - 08:17 PM

Actually it works out almost exactly the same for us in Australia, whether ordering from the US or UK - around $40 AUD for the pair, including shipping. I ordered the US versions as I prefer the slimmer cases, and I was putting in a large order on Amazon US anyway.

#18 of 19 ONLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,888 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 22 2013 - 08:40 PM

Yes.  I prefer the UK art on "Niagara" so that is the main deal-breaker for me.

Edited by classicmovieguy, July 22 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#19 of 19 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,056 posts

Posted July 23 2013 - 06:40 AM

Beaver's review is up!

http://www.dvdbeaver...top_blu-ray.htm

Looks like another winner.

+1

Great news.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox