What's new

Elvis Presley Love Me Tender (Blu-ray) available for preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
elvis.jpg

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
classicmovieguy said:
I haven't seen this one before - but I'm a big Debra Paget fan (Elvis not so much). Would I enjoy this?
Debra Paget has a good role and she is as beautiful as ever (even in B&W). It's different from later Elvis films as he's not the center of attention as much. It's a pretty heavy drama set at the end of the Civil War. Ending is certainly different from other Elvis films (except maybe Flaming Star).

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
John Hermes said:
Debra Paget has a good role and she is as beautiful as ever (even in B&W). It's different from later Elvis films as he's not the center of attention as much. It's a pretty heavy drama set at the end of the Civil War. Ending is certainly different from other Elvis films (except maybe Flaming Star).
You've certainly piqued my interest - will certainly keep this title on my wish list.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Elvis is quite good, a little over-acting at times but his enthusiasm is showing. A far cry from the Elvis of a decade later.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Bob Furmanek said:
Elvis is quite good, a little over-acting at times but his enthusiasm is showing. A far cry from the Elvis of a decade later.
I agree about the overacting but being his first film, it seems the director could have toned him down a bit. I really like Richard Egan's wistful reaction shots when he's watching Cathy and Clint together.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Love Me Tender:
Moviegoers were introduced to Elvis Presley in this film set during the dying hours of the Civil War. Elvis sings four songs, including the title song.

The year is 1865, and the three Confederate Reno brothers don’t know the war has ended. They manage to steal a Union Army payroll, and head for home with the money. While Vance (Richard Egan) can think only of the love of his life, Cathy (Debra Paget), it turns out that the brothers have been reported dead, and Cathy has married their youngest brother Clint (Elvis Presley). Vance accepts this until he learns that Cathy still loves him. To complicate things, the U.S. Army knows of the brothers’ theft and is hunting them down.

Love Me Tender Special Features

Audio Commentary By Noted Elvis Historian Jerry Schilling

Featurettes: Elvis Hits Hollywood, The Colonel & The King, Love Me Tender: The Birth & Boom Of The Elvis Hit

Love Me Tender: The Soundtrack

Love Me Tender Blu-ray
Street Date:
July 30, 2013
Prebook Date:
July 3, 2013
Screen Format:
Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:
English DTS-HD MA 5.1

English DTS-HD MA 1.0

Spanish Dolby Digital 1.0
Subtitles:
English SDH, Spanish, French
Total Run Time:
90 Minutes
Closed Captioned:
Yes

kingofthejungle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Heath
Sigh. Jerry Schilling isn't really a noted Elvis historian, he was one of Elvis's good friends.I'm not much of a fan of this film, but I'll get it to have the musical numbers in HD.I really wish Fox would release Flaming Star on Blu-Ray. It's Elvis's best film performance, and a superior Don Siegel-directed western, to boot. Perhaps they could interest Quentin Tarantino in recording a little introduction/appreciation for it, as he's cited the film as one of his favorite American westerns before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks