What's new

Bracket mount for 40" Samsung LCD TV (1 Viewer)

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
I have a 5' x 2' x 26" glass and steel entertainment center. It has a very heavy duty poly-resin back panel with the bolts 18" apart from center on each of the three shelves. I want to mount the TV to the back so it can be a little higher and have one or 2 small shelves under the TV for the satellite box and BluRay Player.
I'm actually doing this so I can make room for a turntable on one side.

I'm looking for suggestions for bracket kits. I would like the bottom of the screen 18" above the top shelf,, and don't mind if the TV tilts down slightly. I do need at least one small shelf for the satellite box.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Pictures would be helpful. Your local hardware store probably has 100 different options. Lowe's/Home Depot/Menards each probably have 1000. Amazon/Ebay probably have 100,000 each.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
The TV Model is a Samsung LN40C630K1FXZA.
Question: Can you attach heavy duty brackets to the back of the entertainment center and attach them to a wall bracket? The TV is 39 lbs. The entertainment center is much heavier, especially with the receiver and components on it.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The back support...is it as high as the TV?And what kind of woodworking skills you got?If yes and pretty good...Use some hole tap bolts. The same basic thing you'd use to bolt legs on a table. Drill four holes, insert the tap...run the bolts right through to the VESA holes on the back of the TV.If you want more support, make a 1x2 wooden frame on the backside...insert taps and longer bolts.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
The back support only supports the entertainment center stand. It is about 2' wide and attaches to all three shelves. Ii has two heavy duty bolts running through it into each shelf frame. The bolts are 18" apart. Based on what I have seen on other stands with brackets, I was hoping to bolt two struts that would run high enough to hold a wall style bracket. I would also guess a cross brace would be needed.
Picture # 4 shows that the TV is sitting on a platform containing the center channel speaker. I want the TV back and above that. Wall mounting is totally out of the question. Those are windows behind it.
I want to place the turntable (Audio Technica AT-120, a Technics 1200 knock off) sideways on the left and the satelite box directly under the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks