What's new

Need help setting up a sound bar with my receiver/surround sound (1 Viewer)

Silverskyline

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I am sorry if this has already been discussed here but I am new here.I bought a Samsung sound bar with wireless subwoofer and have tried to hook it up so that I could use my surround sound and the sound bar at the same time.I got it to work in sorts. By hooking up my ps3 from its hdmi out to the receiver hdmi in, then the receiver out to the sound bar hdmi in, then the sound bar out to the TV hdmi in. However, it seems to be getting confused because it has no signal and then shows signal of the ps3 briefly the cuts out again, then comes back on again for longer but eventually cuts out and then back on and so on. The other issue is that it is still by passing sound bar sound, the only sound I am getting is still from the 7.2.Is this even possible of do I need to just give up on the dream?Thanks a bunch!

nara

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hugh
Silverskyline said:
Is this even possible of do I need to just give up on the dream?
No it's not possible. If it was, it would sound more like an audio nightmare than a dream.

Silverskyline

Auditioning
Real Name
John
You guys were super helpful and demeaning at the same time. 1000% less than pointless, my booking up a sound bar to a receiver makes more sense than that statement.I'll have to go to another website to get some mature help.Idiots

nara

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hugh
Silverskyline said:
You guys were super helpful and demeaning at the same time. 1000% less than pointless, my booking up a sound bar to a receiver makes more sense than that statement.I'll have to go to another website to get some mature help.Idiots
I'm sorry you feel that way, but you're heading down a blind alley here. You really need to do some basic research before dismissing sound advice.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If you read the OM of your AVR(which is???????) it will tell you if it processes the audio...then NOTHING is sent on to the next device...in your case, a soundbar.99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time the next device is a TV.Thrrefore...it won't work. Even if your AVR is capable of sending along the audio, while proccessing it, it is dumbed down to 2.0pcm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks