New York, N.Y., May 2, 2013 - "Addictive" (GQ) and "wickedly fun" (Entertainment Weekly), Banshee is an "action fan's dream come true" (New York Post). Suspenseful and highly entertaining, the new Cinemax® series follows an ex-con who assumes the identity of the sheriff of a small town where he continues his criminal activities, even as he's hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier. Banshee: The Complete First Season will be available July 30, 2013 on Blu-ray with Digital Copy ($49.99), DVD ($39.98) and Digital Download and features extensive extra features.
Season one of the series begins with a bizarre twist of fate as a recently paroled master thief assumes the identity of Lucas Hood, sheriff-in-waiting of Banshee, Pa., the same town where his former partner and lover Carrie relocated and remarried years ago. Keeping his history a secret as he awaits forged papers from an old associate, Lucas befriends boxer-turned-bartender Sugar Bates and settles into his new life. Itching for the thrill of thievery and yearning for Carrie, Lucas inadvertently gets tangled up in the rampant corruption of shunned Amish gangster Kai Proctor while keeping a vigilant eye out for Mr. Rabbit, the New York mob boss who wants revenge against Lucas and Carrie for the jewel heist that landed Lucas in prison.
Blu-ray with Digital Copy Bonus Features (including all DVD features):
- Inside the Title Sequence - uncover the clues behind each episode's opening title sequence with this interactive feature.
- Reveal the Code - discover the true meaning behind the code that starts each episode.
- Banshee: Origins comic book - get the full story on Lucas Hood's past.
DVD Bonus Features
- NYC Bus Crash - a look inside the special effects process of one of the series' most explosive scenes.
- Town of Secrets - show creators give an insider's guide to the town's darkest and most twisted secrets.
- Banshee Origins - find out backstory with over a dozen prequel videos featuring the cast.
- Zooming In: Episodes 7 & 8 - go on set with the cast to see how key, adrenaline-filled scenes were created.
- Audio Commentaries - six commentaries with cast and crew including executive producers Jonathan Trooper and Greg Yaitanes, director SJ Clarkson, cast members Antony Starr, Ivana Milicevic, Lili Simmons and more.
- Deleted Scenes
- Episode Recaps
- Season 2 Tease Trailer
Banshee is the latest, original primetime drama from Cinemax and the first to be wholly created in-house with Emmy® and Oscar® winner Alan Ball (HBO® series True Blood® and Six Feet Under®, American Beauty) as executive producer, along with Greg Yaitanes, Peter Macdissi, Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler. The series stars Antony Starr as Lucas, Ivana Milicevic as Carrie, Ulrich Thomsen as Proctor, an intimidating, wealthy local businessman who believes he is above the law; Frankie Faison as Sugar Bates, Rus Blackwell as Gulf War hero Gordon Hopewell, Banshee's district attorney and Carrie's husband, Ryann Shane as Deva, Carrie's rebellious daughter, Hoon Lee as Job, a dangerous transvestite computer hacker who assists Lucas in his criminal enterprises and Ben Cross as Mr. Rabbit.
Banshee: The Complete First Season
Blu-ray with Digital Copy & DVD
Street Date: July 30, 2013
Order Date: June 25, 2013
Runtime: Approx. 600 minutes (excluding bonus features)
Price: $49.99 Blu-ray with Digital Copy (4 discs)
Price: $39.98 DVD (4 discs)