#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,998 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 03:44 PM

From our friends at Home Media Magazine

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,164 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 06 2013 - 05:41 PM

Why do the studios think it is such a terrible thing for us to have a movie we like on disc?
facebook.com/whotony

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,518 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted May 06 2013 - 05:47 PM

They are just trying to sell movies to a segment of the population who doesn't want to wait for the disc.  And so far, I've been a sucker for that.  I've bought 4 iTunes digital copies 2 weeks prior to disc release in the past few weeks.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,697 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 07 2013 - 02:00 AM

They are just trying to sell movies to a segment of the population who doesn't want to wait for the disc.  And so far, I've been a sucker for that.  I've bought 4 iTunes digital copies 2 weeks prior to disc release in the past few weeks.

My question to you is whether that digital copy looks and sounds as good as it would on a Blu-ray disc?

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,164 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 12 2013 - 06:05 PM

True but I think they are also trying to sell the digital version to people so the people
Forget or don't want the disc version after already having the digi version.
facebook.com/whotony

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,518 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted May 12 2013 - 06:09 PM

They are just trying to sell movies to a segment of the population who doesn't want to wait for the disc. And so far, I've been a sucker for that. I've bought 4 iTunes digital copies 2 weeks prior to disc release in the past few weeks.

My question to you is whether that digital copy looks and sounds as good as it would on a Blu-ray disc?

I'll always give the blu-ray the edge since the encoded file is larger and the bitrate is higher, especially where sound is concerned.

But in practice, the digital copies look and sound good to my eyes and ears, even on the 73" system and big sound system.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,518 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted May 12 2013 - 06:15 PM

They are just trying to sell movies to a segment of the population who doesn't want to wait for the disc. And so far, I've been a sucker for that. I've bought 4 iTunes digital copies 2 weeks prior to disc release in the past few weeks.

True but I think they are also trying to sell the digital version to people so the people

Forget or don't want the disc version after already having the digi version.

I'll have to admit I was tempted to pass on Silver Linings Playbook blu, but the price was right.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Patrick Donahue

Patrick Donahue

Stunt Coordinator

• 198 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted May 12 2013 - 07:26 PM

I'm curious, Steve - do you keep back-ups of your iTunes files or are you fine just having them available from the cloud?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users