-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: The Fugitive 20th Anniversary (Blu-ray)

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,281 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 05:03 AM

“… a smashing success, a juggernaut of an action-adventure saga… To put it simply, this is a home run.” -- Elvis Mitchell, New York Times

THE FUGITIVE CELEBRATES

20TH ANNIVERSARY SEPTEMBER 3

New Blu-ray™ Edition Chock-Full of Special Features Including New Featurette with Harrison Ford and
Tommy Lee Jones Interviews

Burbank, Calif., May 6, 2013 – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Academy Award®-nominated (1993 for Best Picture) The Fugitive on September 3 with a new anniversary Blu-ray™ edition. The heart-pounding thriller stars Harrison Ford as wrongly-convicted Dr. Richard Kimble and Tommy Lee Jones in his Oscar®[1]- and Golden Globe®[2]-winning performance as Kimble’s relentless pursuer. Andrew Davis directed.

The Fugitive 20th Anniversary Blu-ray will offer even more excitement with a new featurette, The Fugitive: Thrill of the Chase which includes interviews with Harrison Ford, Tommy Lee Jones, director Andrew Davis and more.

The Fugitive 20th Anniversary Edition will be available in BD Elite Case packaging for $19.98 SRP. Order due date is July 30.

Based on the 1960s classic TV series, the motion picture; The Fugitive, garnered seven Academy Award nominations[3] including Best Picture. In 2001, The American Film Institute also listed it as one of the 100 Most Thrilling American films[4]. Additionally, Andrew Davis was nominated by the Directors Guild of America in 1994 for his work on the motion picture, known for its spectacular stunts, including the devastating bus-train collision and a breath-taking leap down a huge waterfall. Besides Ford and Jones, the film features a fine ensemble including Sela Ward, Joe Pantoliano, Andreas Katsulas, Jeroen Krabbé, and Julianne Moore.

Synopsis:

Chicago surgeon Dr. Richard Kimble, unjustly accused of murdering his wife, must find the real killer, and the reasons for the slaying, after being targeted in a nationwide manhunt led by tenacious United States Deputy Marshal Sam Gerard.

Special Features:

• New Featurette The Fugitive: Thrill of the Chase featuring Andrew Davis, Harrison Ford, Tommy Lee Jones and more
  • Introduction by Andrew Davis and Harrison Ford
  • Commentary by Andrew Davis and Tommy Lee Jones
  • On the Run with the Fugitive Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
  • Derailed: Anatomy of a Train Wreck Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
  • “The Fugitive" [2000 WB Pilot] New to Release!
  • Theatrical Trailer

The Fugitive 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

Street Date: September 3, 2013

Prebook Date: July 30, 2013

Pricing: $19.98 SRP

Rating: PG-13

Run Time: 130 Mins

Catalog #: 1000394403

Note: All enhanced content listed above is subject to change.

Academy Award(s)® and Oscar(s)® are registered trademarks and services marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Golden Globe® is the registered trademark of the HFPA.

Blu-ray Disc™ and Blu-ray™ and the logos are the trademarks of Blu-ray Disc Association.

Warner Home Video Blu-ray Discs™ offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The format also provides a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 24 David Steigman

David Steigman

Second Unit

• 373 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 05:13 AM

Great news, hopefully the transfer/PQ will be an improvement as well since the current one got average to poor ratings..Im still getting it anyway :)

#3 of 24 Noach Kowalski

Noach Kowalski

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 05:15 AM

Remastered or not?

#4 of 24 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,351 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 06 2013 - 05:53 AM

Great news, hopefully the transfer/PQ will be an improvement as well since the current one got average to poor ratings..Im still getting it anyway :)

I wouldn't count on it because Warner has released titles beforehand with a certain anniversary, but without any improvements in the A/V presentations.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#5 of 24 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,281 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 05:56 AM

I also wouldn't count on it. I think if the studio waned to pique the
interests of collectors like us they would have put "remastered" in
the press release. That's not a word you skimp on when wanting
to alert consumers who already own the prior release that there is
something actually worth buying again.

Ronald J Epstein

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#6 of 24 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,924 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted May 06 2013 - 09:38 AM

Especially a title as problematic as The Fugitive. Wasn't this one of the early Warner BD titles that used a 1080i master and "upconverted" to 1080p, yielding all sorts of artifacts?

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#7 of 24 Vincent_P

Vincent_P

Screenwriter

• 1,706 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 11:35 AM

Is the existing Blu-ray still only the initial release with the horrible jaggies and alliasing (as Stephen_J_H pointed out)?  If so, I'd imagine this would be remastered as WB remastered their other titles (FULL METAL JACKET, CADDYSHACK, WILLY WONKA...) that suffered from this the first time around.

Vincent

Edited by Vincent_P, May 06 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#8 of 24 David Steigman

David Steigman

Second Unit

• 373 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 05:35 PM

Bluray.com's forum on this says it will be an all new transfer 

#9 of 24 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,460 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted May 06 2013 - 05:51 PM

What is "BD Elite Case packaging"?

#10 of 24 Noach Kowalski

Noach Kowalski

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 03:42 PM

It's a remastered edition. Confirmed by WBShop Facebook page.

• lukejosephchung likes this

#11 of 24 David Steigman

David Steigman

Second Unit

• 373 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 05:09 PM

WBShop.com Good news - NEWLY REMASTERED. New Special Features including docs, commentary, the 2000 TV series pilot and more!

#12 of 24 Tommy R

Tommy R

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 10:30 PM

Never picked up the first blu, still only own the snapper-case DVD. I'll pick this up for sure! GREAT 90's thriller classic!

#13 of 24 Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted May 08 2013 - 10:47 AM

WBShop.com Good news - NEWLY REMASTERED. New Special Features including docs, commentary, the 2000 TV series pilot and more!

Woo-hoo! Another catalog DVD to trade in. :)

#14 of 24 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,281 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 03:08 AM

Now available for preorder (see below). The price is rather tempting that

I might actually double-dip on this...

Ronald J Epstein

#15 of 24 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,617 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 06:01 AM

The Fugitive shows up on OTA broadcast and cable seemingly all the time and I have to admit that (for me) it holds up remarkably well.  In the past, there were certain films that always seemed to show up on Turner and I would pop in to sample them and The Fugitive has sort of become one of those films, for me.

Might have to pick this one up.

- Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#16 of 24 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,351 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 09 2013 - 07:17 AM

This is a no-brainer for me as I thought the first release was lacking when it was released back in 2006.

Crawdaddy

#17 of 24 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,360 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 06 2013 - 10:07 AM

I should have my review up in the next couple days. The word is already out on the street that it shows a marked improvement in picture quality compared to the previous Blu-ray, and I heartily agree. In some respects it's not hard to do given the old release was riddled with a grab bag of issues including mosquito noise, aliasing and combing.

In short, it's a no-brainer upgrade, especially given the recent price drop on Amazon.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#18 of 24 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,351 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 06 2013 - 10:17 AM

I should have my review up in the next couple days. The word is already out on the street that it shows a marked improvement in picture quality compared to the previous Blu-ray, and I heartily agree. In some respects it's not hard to do given the old release was riddled with a grab bag of issues including mosquito noise, aliasing and combing.

In short, it's a no-brainer upgrade, especially given the recent price drop on Amazon.

Thanks, the new BD is on my weekend viewing list.

Crawdaddy

#19 of 24 cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 11:05 AM

Is the existing Blu-ray still only the initial release with the horrible jaggies and alliasing (as Stephen_J_H pointed out)?  If so, I'd imagine this would be remastered as WB remastered their other titles (FULL METAL JACKET, CADDYSHACK, WILLY WONKA...) that suffered from this the first time around.

Vincent

I'm not familiar with Full Metal Jacket's release history, but Caddyshack and Willy Wonka have each had only one Blu-ray release that I'm aware of, at least in the U.S.  Did I miss remastered versions of those Blu-rays?

#20 of 24 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,129 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted September 06 2013 - 01:51 PM

Full Metal Jacket was a remastered version upon the second Blu-ray release in 2007. Basically, just avoid the 2006 release with the white cover art.

Caddyshack and Willy Wonka have had repackaging re-issues, but the discs are identical between their releases, respectively.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users