Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Multi zone setup help

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Serafin Sanchez

Serafin Sanchez

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 12:55 PM

I need some help trying to set up a multizone home theater system. I have 5:1 in the main room of the home and I have 4 exterior speakers by the pool and cabana area. I've set this up before but with only 2 external speakers on the 2nd zone. It's been a while since I've set up a system but I have noticed that technologies have changed big time. I am upgrading my amp. Is the best way around this getting a receiver/amp that has three zones versus two, or is there another configuration that I can use keeping in mind budget. Thx!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   3zone

3zone

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 03 2013 - 10:02 AM

If it were me, I'd get a three zone capable avr and some impetance matching volume control knobs.  The new avr's can control the source of three or more zones via phone app.  This can all be done on the very cheap but not give up a lot of quality.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   hotrodguy

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts
  • LocationL.A.

Posted June 11 2013 - 12:02 PM

4 speakers meaning 2 pairs or 4 pairs?

I agree with 3zone, you can get an impedance matching speaker selector with volumne knobs at a decent price from Monoprice and have enough outputs to add more speakers around the house, you know, future proofing...

Time to play!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users