Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting new "facts" about Cinerama and 70mm from the latest Widescreen Review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 OFFLINE   Doctorossi

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 03:30 PM

I also remember the publisher writing article after article about his car stereo system.

My lord! I thought I was the only one who was bothered by that. I actually wrote them a couple of complain-y letters about it.

#22 of 25 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,814 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted May 09 2013 - 03:46 PM

My lord! I thought I was the only one who was bothered by that. I actually wrote them a couple of complain-y letters about it.

I got so tired of his bragging I wrote and asked him if it was true he would be getting an IMAX screen and sound system in his car. He actually responded and thought I was serious. !!!

#23 of 25 OFFLINE   Doctorossi

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 05:27 PM

I got so tired of his bragging I wrote and asked him if it was true he would be getting an IMAX screen and sound system in his car.

An IMAX screen would've actually given him a semi-legitimate excuse to put that crap in the magazine- at least it would have something to do with watching movies.

Edited by Doctorossi, May 09 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#24 of 25 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,628 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted May 13 2013 - 10:04 AM

Then Films in Review was supposed to publish the ToddAO article but they folded just before as well. Jinx?

Marty Hart has some interestesting info on Todd-AO on his web site widescreenmuseum . American Optical was in Southbridge, MA - where I was born. My father worked there also. 

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#25 of 25 OFFLINE   john a hunter

john a hunter

Supporting Actor

• 677 posts

Posted May 13 2013 - 01:55 PM

Marty Hart has some interestesting info on Todd-AO on his web site widescreenmuseum . American Optical was in Southbridge, MA - where I was born. My father worked there also. 

Thanks Roland. I am a regular visitor to the site as well as In 70mm. Both are highly recommended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users