What's new

TV Tuner Card (1 Viewer)

kpw786

Auditioning
Real Name
Khalid
Hi. I am only interested in to know that if tv tuner cards are region bounded? Hauppauge tv tuner card wintv HVR-1800 is not working in Pakistan on a pc having windows 7 media center. Any on help please.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, here's some of the issues you may run into.. do you have the latest drivers installed.. and most importantly, the drivers for that region? The 1800 is a QAM/NTSC device. If they are doing PAL or DVB etc it will not handle those well.. there are PAL based drivers for it but all the reports are wonky.

Are you hoping to receive Over the Air (OTA) or from a provider?

kpw786

Auditioning
Real Name
Khalid
Thanks Matt for your useful analysis.
I have installed windows 8 media centre on my PC. The windows has detect the card & installed latest drivers for the card. In the device manager, the card is also shown as " Hauppaugue Wintv-HVR-1800"
Media centre also dtect the card but no channels are scanned
I think PAL system is used in this area i.e. "Pakistan".
In our area tv services are being provided by " cable networks". (analog Tv). So, we use use cable.
if PAL based drivers for above mentioned TV Card available; kindly help me.
with regards. Khalid (kpw786)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I have bad news for you; the newer driver versions do not support PAL, and I haven't been able to find the hack. :(

If the cable in your country is also scrambled, it will not handle that either.. the 1800 is NTSC/ATSC only. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks