-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Guesses On CBS Releases For August

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 of 22 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 05:37 PM

If their usual pattern continues of announcing their advance releases on the second Tuesday of the month, next Tuesday would be the day. Usually 2 or 3 titles. They usually do three months in advance, so the upcoming announcements would be for August. Any guesses?

#2 of 22 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,076 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted May 02 2013 - 06:09 PM

Barnaby Jones Season Two? One can hope!!!

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#3 of 22 Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 06:15 PM

What I'm hoping for will only happen on MOD, and even that's highly unlikely: Slattery's People and The Great Adventure. They're both CBS productions, but I'm not holding my breath (I don't look good in blue!).

Edited by Rick Thompson, May 02 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#4 of 22 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 06:34 PM

Personally, I hope we get a big surprise and see Season 4 of Hillbillies. Barnaby would be nice also

• Ron1973 likes this

#5 of 22 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,352 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 07:16 PM

I want them to start the Colbys

#6 of 22 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,443 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted May 03 2013 - 04:07 AM

I wish they would release NCIS on blu ray and The Mentalist, i see Person Of Interest, a show i really like, is getting a blu ray release but NCIS which is huge right now is not getting any release on the blu ray format, don't know why that is, maybe TV shows which repeat a lot don't sell so well.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 of 22 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,829 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 03 2013 - 04:27 AM

I wish they would release NCIS on blu ray and The Mentalist, i see Person Of Interest, a show i really like, is getting a blu ray release but NCIS which is huge right now is not getting any release on the blu ray format, don't know why that is, maybe TV shows which repeat a lot don't sell so well.

Of course The Mentalist and Person of Interest, though airing on CBS, are produced by Warners. NCIS is a CBS/Paramount release and they don't do a lot of Blu-ray series. NCIS:LA did one season on Blu and then switched to DVD only and Hawaii Five-O has done its first two seasons on Blu. I'll be interested to see if it continues.

• FoxyMulder likes this

#8 of 22 derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 729 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 05:23 AM

Love Boat, the complete series.  Hey, a guy can dream, right?

#9 of 22 GMBurns

GMBurns

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts
  • LocationPlainville, CT

Posted May 03 2013 - 06:43 AM

While we’re dreaming, I’d love to hear an announcement for season 4 of Cannon, even though that would be the MOD route.  And maybe with the last two Perry Mason releases being accelerated, they’ll also accelerate the last two seasons of Rawhide as well.  And then - (drumroll) - the decks are cleared and the skids are greased for Barnaby Jones.  Seriously, I only use it for medicinal purposes.

#10 of 22 Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,548 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 06:49 AM

And maybe with the last two Perry Mason releases being accelerated, they’ll also accelerate the last two seasons of Rawhide as well. 

I'd say this is a very, very good guess.  But that's just me.  ;)

Gary "I just wish CBS would have remastered S1 and S4 (which is still a real head-scratcher to me)" O.

• Jeff Willis likes this
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#11 of 22 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted May 03 2013 - 07:07 AM

I'd say this is a very, very good guess.  But that's just me.  ;)

Gary "I just wish CBS would have remastered S1 and S4 (which is still a real head-scratcher to me)" O.

I think that's a good guess 23utvyp.jpg

• Gary OS likes this

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#12 of 22 Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,103 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted May 03 2013 - 07:19 AM

I want them to start the Colbys

Same here they should just release the complete series of The Colbys and be done with it for sure.  :)

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#13 of 22 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 08:06 AM

You are probably right on Mason. I like it to, but I guess with a half season left, I was hoping for a little something different. With a few notable exceptions (Dynasty, Laverne and Shirley, finishing Mannix and Have Gun), it seems like the past year almost all they have done is rotate Rawhide, Mason,Gunsmoke, and Bonaza with little thats new. Don't get me wrong, I like that stuff too, but when are we gonna see something different?

• dana martin likes this

#14 of 22 derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 729 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 11:40 AM

Season 3 of Early Edition would be a nice surprise.  

#15 of 22 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm curious to see what will happen now that Mason and Have Gun are ending and Rawhide, Dynasty, and Laverne and Shirley are near completion. That pretty much leaves only the two westerns as continuing series. Is the general feeling that they will unstall some things or slowly wind down releasing classic TV as a whole?  They don't seem real invested in their MOD program either so I'm not sure what to expect.

#16 of 22 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,223 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 02:31 PM

The signals are mixed so it's a bit unclear what their plans are and what to expect regarding classic TV, but they'd make lots of fans happy if they sped up the MOD route if they feel anyway it's somehow too risky or expensive for them with the standard DVD. Because, would they really give say The Magician a shot on DVD (even if Bixby's quite a popular name still), if not then what exactly is stopping a MOD way.

#17 of 22 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 02:50 PM

I guess it's possible Cannon Season 3 tanked and they abandoned the whole idea. It's strange that we've heard nothing else about any future releases at all. I hope that's not the case as I would at least like to see Cannon finished if nothing else.

#18 of 22 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 893 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 03:26 PM

Laverne and Shirley Season 7 perhaps, with the final season coming out in December, just guesses at my end.

#19 of 22 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,223 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 03:29 PM

Well, in theory at least sales should matter less for studios' MOD titles than traditionally manufactured releases, and it did take them an awful long time just to get S3 of Cannon out after it'd been announced many months before it happened, so I still have high hopes we'll see more from them shortly. Picture-wise it looks just like the two first releases, so being DVD-R shouldn't really keep fans from not getting it.

#20 of 22 FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,086 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 03:58 AM

Perry Mason Season 9--Volume 2, as well as both volumes of Gunsmoke Season 9 are available for pre-order on Amazon with cover art already shown. I assume that those three sets will be released in August.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users