Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Warner Archives DVD Sets - Does Amazon sell factory-pressed DVD too?

Warner DVD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   galipolis

galipolis

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 02:34 AM

Warner Archives recently started releasing the First Run batches of their
Multiple disc-Sets (TV Series) as Sets with factory-pressed DVDs.

Can someone comment here - when Amazon starts to offer those DVD Sets soon after - if

these are also factory-pressed discs (despite their DVD-R media note)?

Or does Amazon indeed sell those Warner DVD Sets on burned DVD-R Media
unlike Warner Archives who sell factory-pressed discs?

That would be interesting to know ...

If someone has some experience with buying recent Warner archives Multiple disc-sets

from Amazon it would be great if he could comment on this matter.
Thanks for your help.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn Park, MD

Posted May 02 2013 - 02:52 AM

I'd like to see if anyone had expieiriences with his. Personally i don't beleive Amazon doesn't do anything more than order a stock from WB to distribute. Since i know one of the titles from them that they pulled for a short period didn't get pulled from Amazon. In theory if WB says not to make new ones until they fix the problem, then Amazon shouldn't still make them. But it makes sense that if they just have a small inventory of the item they will sell them till they run out. And on that item they kept it up until it said out of stock.

If this thinking is correct than we should assume Amazon's orders are probably pretty early and have a good chance of getting pressed discs. However if wrong then in the above example i find it strange Amazon would still "make" items WB isn't doing for clear reasons.

Blanket Quote for myself for all my postings from Feb 2014 and on

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, i'm not going to lead them to water

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,992 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted May 02 2013 - 09:10 AM

Amazon does not sell any of the Archive titles on pressed media. I was told by an Archive employee (when asking about Shazam!) that all orders through Amazon are fulfilled by Amazon themselves, including the replication (they have their own replication facilities). Amazon even use different cases for the copies they sell (the multi-disc Shazam! set they sell comes in a black case rather than a clear one).

Now, orders from other vendors who sell Archive titles (like Deep Discount) order their stock from WB, so you have a shot at getting pressed media there, but if you order from amazon, you're going to get "burned" every time!

#4 of 5 ONLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,884 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 02 2013 - 02:08 PM

Warner Archive titles ordered from Amazon even have the Amazon name in small print ust above the barcode on the paper sleeves.  Amazon replicate, print off the sleeves and package them all in-house.  Nothing is ordered from Warner direct (except perhaps the new Blu-ray titles which are pressed and not burned).

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

Second Unit

• 400 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 08:26 PM

Pressed discs are replicated, burned discs are duplicated.  :P

It's a shame Amazon doesn't have replication facililties; between them and the Archive, I'd expect Amazon to be the one better equipped to handle the storage requirements for pressed stock. They could replicate those silly CD-Rs too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner, DVD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users