Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Newbbie question about screen size

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   lodge90

lodge90

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 30 2013 - 06:33 AM

I am going to be building a dedicated home theater in our home, I think.  We have not even gotten to the point of talking to home theaters shops/installers yet, however I wanted to get some ideas prior to speaking to them.  The space in our basement is approximately 14'x13'.  Is that too small a space?  What is an ideal screen size for that size room?  Will I be limited to one row of seating?  Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

#2 of 4 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,485 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 30 2013 - 07:18 AM

No that is not too small. There are si many "recommended viewing distances" that you will get correct information to put in anything between 80" and 110".

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 30 2013 - 07:50 AM

There's a section somewhere here on the site with photos of various members' home theaters. I would poke around there for ideas.

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted April 30 2013 - 03:08 PM

Screen size is based on your seating distance from screen, NOT room size. Definitely only one row of seats, unless you use a very small screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users