Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need Receiver Less than 10" Deep

Hardware

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Jphelps

Jphelps

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 06:15 AM

A friend has asked me to research an AV receiver for her new home. She has all the speakers installed in walls and ceilings and has all the wires running to the inside of a cabinet. However, the cabinet is only 10" deep. Are there any receivers that can for in this cabinet? Thanks!

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,040 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 29 2013 - 08:53 AM

A friend has asked me to research an AV receiver for her new home. She has all the speakers installed in walls and ceilings and has all the wires running to the inside of a cabinet. However, the cabinet is only 10" deep. Are there any receivers that can for in this cabinet? Thanks!

How about something like this, nice and thin but good sound quality, don't pay too much attention to the watts output, this receiver will be powerful enough to deliver very high quality sound and it runs cool which is i think is important if being placed in a cabinet.

http://www.audioholi...1504-nr1604-pre

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 of 7 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,709 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 29 2013 - 01:00 PM

I assume by "deep", they mean front to back...and not height?

Hopefully I'm wrong as I know of no 10" deep AVR.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,040 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 29 2013 - 01:36 PM

I assume by "deep", they mean front to back...and not height?

Hopefully I'm wrong as I know of no 10" deep AVR.

My mistake, still the one i linked to would suit if its within the budget they had in mind.

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Glen B2

Glen B2

Agent

• 42 posts
  • LocationOld Mill Basin, Brooklyn, NY

Posted April 30 2013 - 09:21 AM

Allowing approximately 2½ inches for rear panel cables, that leaves 7½ inches of space for the AVR.  There are no AVRs that small.  The only component that may fit in such a small space is something along the lines of a Yamaha stereo mini-receiver with sub output:  http://usa.yamaha.co...2_b/?mode=model

Main System: Denon DP-59L TT, Audio-Technica AT33EV MC cartridge, Marantz Reference SA-11S2 SACD player, Classé CP-50 preamp, Classé CA-300 amp, Classé RC-1 remote interface, PSB Stratus Gold i speakers, DIY Balanced AC Power Conditioner, Acoustic Zen Cables, Oyaide and Furutech power connectors.

HT System: Toshiba DVR5SU,  laptop #1, Outlaw Audio OAW3 wireless DAC, Marantz SR19 AVR, Phase Linear 400 Series 2 amp, Axiom mains, Optimus surrounds, Audiosource 10.1EQ, Dayton 12" subs (2), Belkin PureAv PF60 line conditioner.

Party System: laptop #2, AQ Dragonfly USB DAC, Technics SUA6 preamp, Acurus A250 amp, Radio Shack 15-band EQ, Pioneer SR9 reverb amp, Cerwin-Vega DX9 speakers, Dayton exponential horns w/ HF/MF titanium compression drivers.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   PaulGo

PaulGo

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted May 05 2013 - 04:43 PM

On the spec page it states - Dimensions (W x H x D) 7-1/8" × 4-5/8" × 12-1/2"  so the mini appears to be too deep.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,040 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted May 06 2013 - 08:37 AM

On the spec page it states - Dimensions (W x H x D) 7-1/8" × 4-5/8" × 12-1/2"  so the mini appears to be too deep.

I think that would then rule out any of them, perhaps a new cabinet is needed instead.

Edited by FoxyMulder, May 06 2013 - 08:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users