Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

My GS3 has died.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,410 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted April 28 2013 - 04:18 PM

Wife and I bought the GS3 for each of us last September. I like mine but still think the music management is no where near as easy as iPhone.Anyway I digress.This is my second gs3 since September, I shattered the screen on the first one and a few months ago cracked this one. Today the phone stopped turning on.I get the doo, doo, doo, doo then the moving logo but it hangs on the Samsung word on black screen.So I'll be heading to BB tomorrow I suppose to use my black tie service and get a new one.Sigh, never had a problem with an iPhone. Wish it wasn't so small.
facebook.com/whotony

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,639 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 11:28 PM

I've not had this problem, but I wonder if you've tried anything to get it working.

Have you tried a reboot? Turn off the phone and hold down Power, Volume Up, and the Menu button at the same time.

Have you tried a factory reset? With the phone off, hold Volume Up and Menu, press Power until the phone vibrates then release Power. When the Android logo comes up let go of the other buttons. Look into this, tho, as it might wipe data. Hopefully you have everything synced or have a backup to a micro SD card.

If you plug the phone into your PC does it appear? Can you access the file system?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 1,981 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted April 29 2013 - 05:08 AM

I've seen this problem be due to a charger going bad also. Either way, my GS3 has been trouble free - but I'm very easy on my phones.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,410 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 06:59 AM

I've not had this problem, but I wonder if you've tried anything to get it working.Have you tried a reboot? Turn off the phone and hold down Power, Volume Up, and the Menu button at the same time.Have you tried a factory reset? With the phone off, hold Volume Up and Menu, press Power until the phone vibrates then release Power. When the Android logo comes up let go of the other buttons. Look into this, tho, as it might wipe data. Hopefully you have everything synced or have a backup to a micro SD card.If you plug the phone into your PC does it appear? Can you access the file system?

Menu button = home button?I did all that. Still doesn't work. No Pc to plug into.
facebook.com/whotony

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,410 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 07:37 AM

After several attempts I rebooted from scratch and it worked.Unfortunately Nova !auncher saves everything to the internal memory and not the external sd card so all setting are gone.Still have to exchange the phone because of the cracked screen.
facebook.com/whotony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users