What's new

What happened to Epick? (1 Viewer)

Javier1273

Auditioning
Real Name
javier
Why are they "out of stock" for so long if they are so good as some people say here. It cant be that they cant keep up with demand.

fuzz092888

Agent
Real Name
Alex
Based on what evidence?

As far as I, or it seems anyone else knows on either of the "Official Owners" threads, everything is still up in the air, unless you have information that no one else has.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way, yes I know that nobody really knows if Chad is going to "come back" from "vacation"...

But the bad press he gets from AVS is enough that Epik, as a brand, is tainted for life.

Edit:
I typed that before I saw Fuzz' response.

I've tried, for a couple of clients, to get parts/service from Epik/Chad. I feel for anybody who is trying to run an ID speaker company. In my opinion, AVS has done so much damage to the Epik brand...it is dead. I hope I'm wrong.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Reputation can be fixed by returning with a solid product. Damage has been done for sure, but AVS isn't the deciding factor.

fuzz092888

Agent
Real Name
Alex
schan1269 said:
By the way, yes I know that nobody really knows if Chad is going to "come back" from "vacation"...

But the bad press he gets from AVS is enough that Epik, as a brand, is tainted for life.

Edit:
I typed that before I saw Fuzz' response.

I've tried, for a couple of clients, to get parts/service from Epik/Chad. I feel for anybody who is trying to run an ID speaker company. In my opinion, AVS has done so much damage to the Epik brand...it is dead. I hope I'm wrong.
Who knows what to believe. There are those saying that Chad has been traveling trying to get everything straightened out for the new line, and one guy even said he was able to meet with Chad and get a new plate amp from him (he claims to live 20mins away). He was thoroughly bashed and did not post again last I looked.

Some sort of explanation would definitely help, although I do agree that the least he could do was keep people in the loop. Even if you're waiting on information, say so. I think the silence, more so than the lack of any products, is what is most unnerving.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Two problems initially. 1st, he sold far too much during his Black Friday sale. Demand far outpaced supply so it was easy for him to become overwhelmed. 2nd, amp issues abound with the subs. Separately, he might have been able to get caught back up and saved his reputation. Taken together, it led to the companies collapse. Furthermore, you have a lack of communication not only with customers but with the public at large. The lack of open and honest communication has led to a distrust of Epik.

In fairness, Chad had every opportunity to make things right and inform people of where things were at. What are the problems and what are the solutions going to be.

Ultimately, IMO communication or the lack thereof was the death nail of Epik. Had those things not happened, I would have seriously considered purchasing an Epik sub. Those two things caused me to look elsewhere. Even if Power Sound Audio were to experience demand far outpacing expections and have major amp problems, I have every confidence Tom and his company would make things right by keeping the lines of communication open between themselves and their customers. Past, present and future. That is the difference which matters.

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I'm sorry to hear it, but not surprised. Last summer, I bought 2 Epik Empires for my theater. I like them. However, when I e-mailed with questions before I bought them, I didn't get a reply for 3 days. I have that happen with other companies, and later had no problems with them. After buying the Empires, I had a question, and sent several e-mails and left several messages on their voice mail. I never got any response.

I like the subwoofers. But I kind of figured I was on my own with that company's product if I had any problems. This confirms it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks