What's new

Shout Factory to release Vincent Price collection! (1 Viewer)

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Great news from Shout Factory's Facebook page:

If you love VINCENT PRICE like we do then you're gonna love love LOVE this exciting news! We will be releasing a blu-ray collection box set before Halloween that showcases some of the legendary horror film star's greatest films which include:

- FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER
- THE HAUNTED PALACE
- THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH
- THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM
- WITCHFINDER GENERAL- and its alternate U.S. version of the film, THE CONQUEROR WORM
- THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES

More details (artwork, exact street date, pricing, extras, etc.) to be revealed in June-July.

I cannot wait for this - one of the best announcements in a VERY long time!

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I'd also love to see some later Price AIP classics, such as Scream & Scream Again and Madhouse.

I saw an HD broadcast of Scream... on Monsters HD a few years back - looked great!

Ignatius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hayden Frost
Fantastic stuff! I'm glad they're including the mutilated AIP version of Witchfinder General as an extra, I've only ever seen the original and I'm curious to see how the alterations affect the film.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm in on this set as well. I'd be okay if they included the non-Price, Roger Corman Poe pictures as well!

Shout/Scream continue to be on an insanely amazing track record this year!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
:rock:

effing A, Shout continues to amaze with what they are getting (or raiding) from the mines at MGM, would have liked to seen a complete Corman/Poe set, but this will do nicely as a start of what i hope will be a second Price set,

The Raven
Tales of Terror
Tomb of Ligeia
Last Man on Earth
Phibes Rises Again

if Shout anounces next that they are doing Jack Hill / Pam Greir films, it will officaly be one of the coolest years for blu ray (ahem) Coffy

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I already have his last collection. Pretty hard to double dip on this one unless they have the one that was non-anamorphic.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Arrow UK will be releasing a well-supplemented HOUSE OF USHER this summer, too.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Dana, don't forget PREMATURE BURIAL as part of the Corman/Price/Poe cannon.

This is great news. Especially considering that the old MGM DVD of PIT AND THE PENDULUM had motion artifacts which detracted from the image.

I hope that Shout's disc of PIT will include the rare Corman-shot "prologue" that was used to lengthen the running time on NBC.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
PREMATURE BURIAL has been a favorite of mine since, well, a very very tender age.

And don't forget COMEDY OF TERRORS.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
This is Scream Factory's best announcement yet. THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES and WITCHFINDER GENERAL, especially, are a lot of fun!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
this announced release has 7 titles in it, the ones suggested for the follow up only has 5 listed, so yes definately room for growth, but it looks like the "Midnight Movies" are finaly getting some respect.

yes i know i left Premature Burial off of that because well Ray Miland is not Vincent Price,

If it was a Corman/Poe/Price set then it falls in because of Corman/Poe at least in my mind

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'll buy these for sure. Great news. I guess my MGM 'Midnight Movies' featuring the Price films will soon be worthless.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Lest we forget THE OBLONG BOX, long one of my favorites ever since I saw it on the first half of an immortal double bill with THE WRECKING CREW.

I wonder if this set will be part of Shout!'s new Scream Factory line, though it doesn't say that in the Facebook post. The stuff from Scream Factory seems to be priced a little more moderately than Shout!, which would be great.

Bryan, it may be time for us to start selling our Midnight Movies of these titles. Not so easy for me to do though without knowing what extras, if any, are being carried over. Decisions, decisions.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Charles Smith said:
PREMATURE BURIAL has been a favorite of mine since, well, a very very tender age.

And don't forget COMEDY OF TERRORS.
I'd love to have The Comedy of Terrors in ever growing collection, it's a very funny movie, as Vincent Price is a very good comedian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks