-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Warner please release these Paramount titles RAGTIME---ORDINARY PEOPLE

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 672 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 09:45 AM

WITNESS----ANGELA'S  ASHES---1492---CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD.--TALENTED MR RIPLEY.

Edited by trajan, April 25 2013 - 09:57 AM.

• dana martin likes this

#2 of 14 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,595 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 10:20 AM

Ahhh....curse my eyes!  I thought the title read 'Warner Press Release Paramount titles ORDINARY PEAOPLE'.

But yes at any rate,  Warner/PAramount please release Ordinary People on BLu-Ray!

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#3 of 14 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,066 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 25 2013 - 10:39 AM

Yes.  Ordinary People...absolutely.  Ragtime...PLEASE!!!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#4 of 14 Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,144 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted April 25 2013 - 11:04 AM

some Par titles are licensed out...
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#5 of 14 Cremildo

Cremildo

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted April 25 2013 - 11:07 AM

The Brazilian 1492 DVD I own in worse than any VHS of old. It begs for at the very least a new DVD edition. Of course a BD would be perfect.

The current Ordinary People DVD is not demo material by any means. A Blu-ray with some interviews with cast and crew would gladly receive my money.

• battlebeast likes this

#6 of 14 moviepas

moviepas

Second Unit

• 410 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 06:02 PM

Ragtime. Blu yes. Cagney's last.

#7 of 14 Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins

Screenwriter

• 1,765 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 07:55 PM

The Brazilian 1492 DVD I own in worse than any VHS of old. It begs for at the very least a new DVD edition. Of course a BD would be perfect.

If Warner has 1492 now, it would make a nice double feature with Christopher Columbus: The Discovery.

#8 of 14 ricktech12

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted April 26 2013 - 10:04 AM

If Warner has 1492 now, it would make a nice double feature with Christopher Columbus: The Discovery.

I'd be fine with that if it's 2 Blu-rays in one package but most Warner double features have it on the same BD, still it would be better than nothing I suppose. Not a bad idea but I have really given up on any USA release of 1492 on either DVD or BD, it just seems like it's never going to happen. The German BD looks great!

The current Ordinary People DVD is not demo material by any means. A Blu-ray with some interviews with cast and crew would gladly receive my money.

That DVD of 1492 is no good, your review is correct it's almost worse than VHS. Very soft, blurry image. I was so disappointed with it but the special features are nice though, so is the packaging (mine has a beautiful slip).

#9 of 14 Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins

Screenwriter

• 1,765 posts

Posted April 26 2013 - 10:08 AM

I'd be fine with that if it's 2 Blu-rays in one package but most Warner double features have it on the same BD, still it would be better than nothing I suppose. Not a bad idea but I have really given up on any USA release of 1492 on either DVD or BD, it just seems like it's never going to happen. 

Yeah, it'd have to be separate discs.  I have several of the Triple Features that are on 3 separate discs, but I know they've done some in the past that had two features that were previously BD-25s combined onto one BD-50 (I think my Grumpy Old Men double feature is like that).  

#10 of 14 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,932 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted April 26 2013 - 11:48 AM

There's no way that 1492 and Christopher Columbus: The Discovery would both fit on a BD 50 unless they were compressed all to hell.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#11 of 14 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,857 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted April 26 2013 - 06:07 PM

If possible add

Don’t Look Now 40th Anniversary Edition

And if at all possible new commentary with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christy

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#12 of 14 ricktech12

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 06:15 AM

There's no way that 1492 and Christopher Columbus: The Discovery would both fit on a BD 50 unless they were compressed all to hell.

Yep, it would look terribly compressed. It's a 2hr 30min film, anything less than a BD 50 for 1492 I won't even consider buying it again. I would be interested in that double feature if it ever becomes a reality, I don't hate that other 92 Columbus film but it's nowhere near as brilliant as Ridley's vision is. Warner should at least have some interest in doing that double feature, it's a really good idea imo if it's a 2-disc BD set with both films seperate. However both films seem to have a very hard time getting any kind of USA release, if ever.

#13 of 14 Reggie W

Reggie W

Supporting Actor

• 630 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 06:39 AM

I have this blu-ray of 1492:

http://www.jpc.de/im...10324038739.jpg

Which I think may currently be the best available option. It is region free for anybody that it interested. 

#14 of 14 ricktech12

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 03:47 PM

I have this blu-ray of 1492:

http://www.jpc.de/im...10324038739.jpg

Which I think may currently be the best available option. It is region free for anybody that it interested. 

You are correct, it really is, there is a France BD but it's not Region A compatible. All the DVD's of this film are either region 2, PAL or just not up to par in the video quality department. Stay away from any DVD of it that isn't the German, France, Aussie or the rare Japan R2 NTSC edition and get the German BD and given the films track record on home video in the USA market, you perhaps won't have to worry about a double dip on the title in the near future (unless Warner or someother studio has something up their sleeve for later in the year though it's probably not likely to happen given it's never gotten a USA release on DVD or BD). Don't get me wrong I feel it deserves a quality USA release on DVD and BD but I have lost all hope with that ever happening, don't wait get the German BD, it is currently the best available option for a quality release of the film. If Warner has it though I hope it sees a USA release on BD!

Edited by ricktech12, April 27 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users