-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Split HDMI into receiver and TV?

Best Answer schan1269 , April 22 2013 - 06:30 PM

Nope.

Signal split to two sources is "dumbed down" to least denominator...

No 3d because of the AVR...

No 5.1 because of the TV.

You could ;always buy one of the twin HDMI out BD players on the market. Panasonic made a couple. Other than Oppo and Marantz, there are a few others.

Go to the full post

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 darrenkperth

darrenkperth

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 06:17 PM

I have a bit of a dilemma, my receiver (Yamaha RXV 3900) doesn't have ARC or can pass through 3D video and I'm using a PS3 for Bluray. When I'm watching regular BD's, I plug the PS3 > receiver > Screen (LG 60LM9600), however when I want to watch a 3d BD, I have to switch to a dedicated HDMI lead that goes directly from PS3 to the TV and then optical cable from TV to the receiver for audio.

Heres the problem, I tried to watch Avatar and that doesn't have a Dolby 5.1 english track, only Dolby Master HD – which my TV cannot pass through. So all I get is a stereo PCM mix. Obviously now I'm torn between 3D and surround (surround wins by the way). Questions is, can I split the HDMI and go PS3 > splitter and a) one hdmi with full audio going to the receiver and b) a second HDMI going directly to the TV for 3d?

Thanks in advance...

#2 of 3 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,175 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 22 2013 - 06:30 PM   Best Answer

Nope.

Signal split to two sources is "dumbed down" to least denominator...

No 3d because of the AVR...

No 5.1 because of the TV.

You could ;always buy one of the twin HDMI out BD players on the market. Panasonic made a couple. Other than Oppo and Marantz, there are a few others.

#3 of 3 darrenkperth

darrenkperth

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 06:45 PM

Thats what I feared.. thanks for that..

Now the question is, new BD player or new AVR - either way, the minister for finance and recreation (my wife) will not be pleased.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users