3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 DarkWilSin

DarkWilSin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBronx,NY

Posted April 20 2013 - 10:50 PM

Ok so i have a westinghouse HDTV for now. and a onkyo 9400 htib, i was doing the THX calibration from terminator 2 skynet edition the blu ray one through my PS3. now i was watching some scenes in some movies and the dark scenes looked idk like...faded and greenish. it looked FAKE. i dont know how to describe it anyways. i was going to random stuff now if i directly connect the ps3 to my tv and reset everything and then re calibrate it the those dark scenes with shadows and bleed and all that stuff is not there. but when i connect my reciever it goes back to it like if the receiver is auto tuning the picture is there anyway to bypass that. it has cinema music and games, i dont want it to auto tune it. also theres through and direct and then theres custom. my receiver is the R990 if anyone could help please do. i cant seem to do this also. i do not have the THX glasses sooo...yeah those parts with color and hue saturation i wont be able to do. sucks i do not have one of those glasses. BUT YES please help what am i doing wrong and what are your recommended settings? sorry for the wall of text.

#2 of 4 Type A

Type A

Advanced Member

• 770 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted April 21 2013 - 04:46 AM

Take a close look at page 51 of your manual under picture mode, looks like through or direct is what you seek.

• DarkWilSin likes this
JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106".  Secondary:  Panasonic Viera TC-P65ST30.
Paradigm Studio Version 5: 20 (5) &  ADP-590 (2).  Hsu: VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2).
Yamaha RXA3010 & Emotiva XPA5. Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP5000. Xbox 360, Integra DPT1.
*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

#3 of 4 DarkWilSin

DarkWilSin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBronx,NY

Posted April 24 2013 - 12:41 AM

Thank you Type A,that helped alot. i need to look over this manual alot more, well also i have one final problem. when i go to test the audio with the THX calibration it does not play all the sound on one speaker it skips the speakers  and goes back to that one speaker thats on also the receiver clicks so i think thats it its not giving it time to go through each speaker so sound from left is heard then when it goes to center it clicks and a very quick sound comes cause its already going to the right speaker now and the receiver clicks again. so its useless. what could i be doing wrong?

#4 of 4 Type A

Type A

Advanced Member

• 770 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted April 28 2013 - 10:35 AM

Your post is a little hard to follow but it sounds like it may be a short or phase issue.  Have you checked all your speaker wires to make sure everything is connected properly?

JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106".  Secondary:  Panasonic Viera TC-P65ST30.
Paradigm Studio Version 5: 20 (5) &  ADP-590 (2).  Hsu: VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2).
Yamaha RXA3010 & Emotiva XPA5. Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP5000. Xbox 360, Integra DPT1.
*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users