Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray Combo) available for preorder w/$5 off

Disney

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,555 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 04:30 AM

bd mermaid.jpg bddvd mermaid.jpg

Preorder links below with $5 coupon you can apply.

See the 3D announcement here also with savings coupon

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,555 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 08:15 AM

Rediscover the Film That Gave Voice to a Whole Generation

Disney’s

“The Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition”

Splashes Its Ways Into Homes For The Very First Time In Blu-ray™ Hi-Def

With New Breathtaking Picture and Sound Restoration

Film Synopsis:                           Ariel (voiced by Jodi Benson), is a free-spirited mermaid, who is off on the adventure of a lifetime with her best friend, the adorable Flounder (voiced by Jason Marin), and the reggae-singing Caribbean crab Sebastian (voiced by Samuel E. Wright) at her side. But it will take all of her courage and determination to make her dreams come true—and save her father’s beloved kingdom from the sneaky sea witch Ursula (voiced by Pat Carroll).

Voice Talent:                                  Jodi Benson (Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3) as Ariel

Samuel E. Wright (The Lion King Broadway Show) as Sebastian

Jason Marin (Back to the Future) as Flounder

Pat Carroll (Laverne and Shirley) as Ursula

Buddy Hackett (The Music Man) as Scuttle

Christopher Daniel Barnes (The Brady Bunch Movie) as Eric

Kenneth Mars (Young Frankenstein) as Triton

Ben Wright (The Jungle Book, 101 Dalmatians) as Grimsby

Paddi Edwards (Hercules) as Flotsam and Jetsam

Edie McClurg (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) as Carlotta the maid

Will Ryan (The Land Before Time) as Harold the Seahorse

Rene Auberjonois (The Patriot) as Chef Louis

Directors:                                         John Musker (Aladdin)

Ron Clements (Aladdin)

Producers:                                       John Musker (Aladdin)

Howard Ashman (Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast)

Maureen Donley (Anastasia)

Writers:                                             John Musker (Aladdin)

Ron Clements (Aladdin)

Irene Mecchi (Brave, The Lion King)

Release Date:                                  October 1, 2013

Direct Prebook                              August 6, 2013

Distributor Prebook:                August 20, 2013

Bonus Features:                               All-New Music Video

@ Disney Animation

Disney Intermission

Deleted Character

The Real Little Mermaid: Live Action Reference Model

Part of Her World: Jodi Benson’s Voyage To New Fantasyland

Howard’s Lecture

Classic DVD Bonus Features      

Suggested Retail Pricing:         3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + Music Download) = $49.99 U.S./$56.99   Canada

2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack with Digital Copy (Blu-ray + DVD/ Digital Copy) = $44.99 U.S./$47.99 Canada

2-Disc  Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) = $39.99 U.S./$42.99 Canada

Feature Run Time:                         Approximately 83 minutes

Rated:                                                        G in U.S. & Canada (Bonus materials are not rated)

Aspect Ratio:                                        1.78:1 formatted for 16x9 TV screens

Sound:                                                      Blu-ray: 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (English); Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound (French and Spanish)

Languages:                                           English, French and Spanish

Subtitles:                                              English SDH, French and Spanish

To learn more visit:                   Our Facebook page @ www.Facebook.com/DisneyTheLittleMermaid

Follow us on Twitter at @DisneyPictures / #LittleMermaid 

View videos at  http://www.youtube.com/DisneyMovies

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 12 ONLINE   Virgoan

Virgoan

Second Unit

• 321 posts
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted April 19 2013 - 10:38 AM

There seems to no longer be a coupon for the regular BD release (non-3-D).  It's $3 cheaper to buy the more expensive one and clip the coupon for that one. 

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,178 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 19 2013 - 01:41 PM

It's $3 cheaper to buy the more expensive one and clip the coupon for that one. 

That's what I just did.  I'm not interested in 3-D...but the cover of the 3-D version sure is head & shoulders better than the 2-D Blu cover...and its cheaper.

I'll never understand why Disney doesn't use this classic poster art for this film on any of its home video incarnations:

220px-Movie_poster_the_little_mermaid.jp

• MatthewA likes this

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,388 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted April 20 2013 - 06:16 PM

That last poster in silhouette, is for adults.  The covers above are meant to grab the eye of an 8 year-old girl, "daddy, daddy, it's a mermaid."

If would have preferred that poster until I saw what they are using for the 3D version, it is stunning.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#6 of 12 ONLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,320 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted August 22 2013 - 04:16 PM

Just bringing this issue up on this site so that possibly some who have connections to Disney can possibly help with spreading the word that the upcoming Little Mermaid BLU has some for sure INTENTIONAL issues and one Issue in Particular that is going to cause concern for fans and for newbies who may think something is wrong with their disc when they watch it this October. 

Someone had posted on the Blu-Ray.com Forum that they have an advanced copy of the BLU and they posted the changes. Part of Your World has a touched up edit that while some may not notice it, those who will will still see Ariel singing and physically emoting her song after the actual vocal has ended. 

My hope is that Disney is made aware of how this blunder could affect sales as well as return issues and concerns many buyers will feel could be a faulty disc issue. Can you imagine Amazon temporally making the title unavailable to order if enough buyers call them saying the product is defective? Happens a lot. 

Please Check out Link with the issues I re-posted on the thread. 

http://forum.blu-ray...&postcount=1861

If you want to contact Disney concerning the issues please do so in a respectful, and polite manner. :-) 

1-800-723-4763

I hope by posting this perhaps a disc replacement plan can be implemented soon after the Oct 1st Blu Ray release. I don't mind buying the disc in stores when it is released if Disney can at least let those who wish have their disc replaced. 

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted August 22 2013 - 04:48 PM

You know, these issues of dropped lines or even words are becoming so common place, that I'm getting to the point that I want to ignore them. There are more important things to lose sleep over. Go ahead and start WWW3 about it if you'd like, but I'm done with stressing over tiny gaffes.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,315 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 22 2013 - 06:17 PM

You know, these issues of dropped lines or even words are becoming so common place, that I'm getting to the point that I want to ignore them. There are more important things to lose sleep over. Go ahead and start WWW3 about it if you'd like, but I'm done with stressing over tiny gaffes.

There's certainly more important things to worry about in the world but at the same point, the studios do want our money so I think it's fair to let them know when they screw up. I'm not talking about ranting and raving or saying something moronic like "Di$ney, U raped my childhoD!!!!!!!!!!" but sending a short & polite e-mail or letter saying why you're concerned may correct the situation.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted August 22 2013 - 07:43 PM

There's certainly more important things to worry about in the world but at the same point, the studios do want our money so I think it's fair to let them know when they screw up. I'm not talking about ranting and raving or saying something moronic like "Di$ney, U raped my childhoD!!!!!!!!!!" but sending a short & polite e-mail or letter saying why you're concerned may correct the situation.

Carry on, then. I just don't have any more outrage left in me at this point.  :mellow:

Edited by Mark-P, August 22 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor

• 547 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted August 22 2013 - 07:59 PM

It is getting beyond ridiculous at this point, and I'm very close to throwing my hands up in the air. I have very little "fight" left in me at this stage of the game. Especially where Disney is concerned. :(

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,167 posts

Posted August 23 2013 - 07:30 AM

Yeah we've reached the whatever/contritition stage of fanboy grief at this point.

• moviebuff75 likes this

#12 of 12 ONLINE   Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,614 posts

Posted August 23 2013 - 07:49 PM

Well, they had to "Lucas" their films; no wonder BVHE seemed like a good fit to George.

• moviebuff75 and Retro00064 like this

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users