• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 topanga

topanga

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 05:26 PM

Does anyone know if you could still get Shazam directly from Warner Archives as pressed dvd's?  I also noticed that Warner Archives lists both a set with exclusive animated cover art and live actors on front.  Would you get pressed dvd's on either one?

Also has Alice Season 3 been offered as pressed dvd's from Warner Archive?

Does anyone know what other TV series were offered as pressed?  I was also interested in getting Eight Is Enough Season 2.

If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

#2 of 14 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted April 17 2013 - 05:44 PM

Does anyone know if you could still get Shazam directly from Warner Archives as pressed dvd's?  I also noticed that Warner Archives lists both a set with exclusive animated cover art and live actors on front.  Would you get pressed dvd's on either one?

Does anyone know what other TV series were offered as pressed?  I was also interested in getting Eight Is Enough Season 2.

Thanks

I ordered Shazam with the Jerry Ordway drawn cover a couple months back, and the DVDs were pressed.

Superboy V2 and Night Court volumes 6 and up are a other pressed titles.

#3 of 14 JessicaRabbit

JessicaRabbit

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 05:51 PM

http://shop.warnerar...stSellersAscend

Supposedly all of them at this link are pressed.

#4 of 14 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted April 18 2013 - 06:20 AM

Thanks

According to someone I corresponded with at the Archive who actually worked on this release, the Ordway/artwork cover (which is the "limited edition" release) is ALL pressed discs, and the one with the cast photo (the "unlimited" edition) is the one that is "burnt" (or if there were pressed quantities, is the one that will become "burnt" when those run out).

If you want to play it safe, order the Ordway version and you'll be safe.

From personal experience, I know that both volumes of The Lieutenant are/were initially offered on pressed discs. On the other hand, I also know first-hand that Man From Atlantis was not offered on pressed discs. I think the shift in policy for high-demand titles being given a "pressed" run was enacted not too long after Man From Atlantis came out.

I'm surprised not to see Tarzan on that list of "replicated" titles. Maybe the pressed quantities of that one ran out?

#5 of 14 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 06:43 AM

Tarzan was released right before they started this policy as well. I would definately expect to see Season 2 Pressed though.

According to someone I corresponded with at the Archive who actually worked on this release, the Ordway/artwork cover (which is the "limited edition" release) is ALL pressed discs, and the one with the cast photo (the "unlimited" edition) is the one that is "burnt" (or if there were pressed quantities, is the one that will become "burnt" when those run out).

If you want to play it safe, order the Ordway version and you'll be safe.

From personal experience, I know that both volumes of The Lieutenant are/were initially offered on pressed discs. On the other hand, I also know first-hand that Man From Atlantis was not offered on pressed discs. I think the shift in policy for high-demand titles being given a "pressed" run was enacted not too long after Man From Atlantis came out.

I'm surprised not to see Tarzan on that list of "replicated" titles. Maybe the pressed quantities of that one ran out?

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#6 of 14 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 09:20 AM

Thanks

I can confirm that Alice season 3 is pressed dvd.  It looks great too.

307.JPG

Edited by Bryan^H, April 18 2013 - 09:57 AM.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#7 of 14 topanga

topanga

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 08:26 PM

Thanks everyone for the info on the pressed discs.  I ordered Shazam, Alice and Eight is Enough and got all pressed discs.

Now I have another question any chance of the Sony Pictures tv series sold on Warner Archive pressed dvd's or is it only limited to actual Warner releases?  I am particularly looking to buy Born Free and was wondering if anyone has purchased that title directly from the Archive.

#8 of 14 smithbrad

smithbrad

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 09:54 AM

Just thought that I would add that I received FBI seasons 3 and 4 on pressed disks. I ordered directly from Warner's.

• Gary OS likes this

#9 of 14 Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 15 2013 - 10:20 AM

A friendly reminder: If you buy any of these from Amazon, you will NOT get pressed versions, only DVD-Rs. :)

• Gary OS likes this

#10 of 14 smithbrad

smithbrad

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 12:49 PM

A friendly reminder: If you buy any of these from Amazon, you will NOT get pressed versions, only DVD-Rs. :)

I've purchase my WA's from warner directly just to try and improve my chances of getting pressed disks. Amazon prices aren't much better, if at all. So waiting for WA sales and free shipping typically works.

The only title I purchases some where else (importcds) was Sugarfoot because the price was so much better and it was available before anywhere else, even Warner. Luckily it came as pressed as well.

• Gary OS likes this

#11 of 14 smithbrad

smithbrad

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted August 23 2013 - 12:16 PM

I managed to get the complete FBI season 5 from BestBuy for $20 (actually $15 once I used a $5 RZ I had no other use for). And to top it off the disks are pressed and not DVD-R's. So BestBuy at least at times carries pressed disks, I can't say if this is always the case but it worked out this time.

• Gary OS likes this

#12 of 14 Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted August 23 2013 - 07:58 PM

Here is a list of the sets that I have bought from Warner Archive that are pressed discs:

Harry O seasons 1 & 2
Eight Is Enough seasons 2, 3 and 4
Alice seasons 1, 2 and 3
Medical Center seasons 2 and 3
The Courtship of Eddie's Father season 2
Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels The Complete Series
Shazam The Complete Series
Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch The Complete Series
Yogi's Gang The Complete Series
The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan The Complete Series

#13 of 14 Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted August 24 2013 - 08:09 PM

Wow I can't find any older tv shows on
DVD at the Best Buys in my area. Nothing that's not recent. Target has a few. Amazon is my only outlet unfortunately.

#14 of 14 smithbrad

smithbrad

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted August 24 2013 - 08:39 PM

Wow I can't find any older tv shows on
DVD at the Best Buys in my area. Nothing that's not recent. Target has a few. Amazon is my only outlet unfortunately.

Sorry, I meant BestBuy.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users