Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Speaker configuration suggestions - Denon AVR2803 with Polk Su

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   srichardson71

srichardson71

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 10:00 AM

I am looking for expert suggestions on the best way to connect/configure my new set of Polk speakers to my Denon AVR-2803

Current hardware:

Denon AVR-2803 with optical signal coming from Pana plasma ST50 since AVR model has no HDMI)

Polk Speakers:

Rear Surround Speakers – F/Xi A4 

Front Surround - Bookshelf speakers – RTiA1

Center Speaker – CSiA4

Subwoofer – PSW111

In-Ceiling – RC80i  (2 pair)

I'm just not sure of the best way to connect everything.  I would consider myself a novice/wannabe audiophile!  I attached an image of the back of the AVR-2803 for reference.

thanks in advance!

Scott

http://www.hifidatab...VR-2803_308.php

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,188 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 16 2013 - 01:34 PM

Connect with speaker wire. The sub with a shielded coax(composite, digital coax and shielded subwoofer are all the same cable).

Unless you have some weird thing in your room that prevents speaker wire.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,188 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 16 2013 - 01:35 PM

Unless you give an idea of why you are confused(like are the in-ceiling not where they should be for surround?)...we have no idea what to tell you.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,718 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted April 16 2013 - 01:40 PM

Do you have any other source players? (DVD, BluRay, etc)

Chances are your tv is only sending a stereo signal to the 2803 via the optical output. If you have a cable/satellite box then connect it with an optical connection straight to the 2803. If you have a box be sure to set it's audio output in the audio setup menu to Dolby Digital.

You need to setup the 2803 if you haven't already done so. Speaker distances, volumes, sizes, crossover settings, etc.

I'm entrigued with the Polk RTiA speakers. I used to have the previous RTi's which were very bright to my ears. I beleive the new RTiA's were toned down a bit and if I were in the market for new they would be on my short list. I'm not as enthusiastic about the subwoofer. It's listed as only going down to 38hz which isn't all that deep. If it's working for you then that's great but something in the 23-25hz (Polk 505, BIC F-12, etc) range would be a significant improvement. 

And good luck on becoming an audiophile. I've spent 10+ years and countless amounts of money trying to become one and I'm no closer than when I started :wacko: . But it's been a fun journey.

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users