The Features

Posted Image

– Django Unchained – 2012

Posted Image

– Our Daily Bread – 1934

Posted Image

–DisneyNature - Wings of Life – 2011

Posted Image

–Emilio Estevez & Harry Dean Stanton (Repo Man – 1984)  

The Prices
Posted Image
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

SD-DVD TITLE                 Amazon BestBuy Target
The Colombian Connection $9.99 $9.99  
Counting Cars: Season 1 $19.99 $19.99  
Django Unchained $17.99 $17.99 $16.99
Dragon $14.93 $16.99  
Eclipse Series 38: Masaki Kobayashi
Against the System (CC)
$41.99 $59.99  
Escapee $14.99 $14.99  
Flash Gordon: Complete Series (2007) $9.99 $12.99  
Gilmore Girls: Complete Series $224.99 $224.99  
A Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts in Georgia $14.99 $14.99  $12.99
Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore $16.99 $16.99  
Jackie Chan: Police Story/Police Story 2 $9.99 $9.99  
Jacob (NR Director''s Cut) $24.99 $24.99  
A Monster in Paris $10.49 $12.99  
Not Suitable for Children $19.99 $19.99  
Quentin Tarantino's Rolling Thunder Pictures (TF)      
Repo Man (CC) $19.99 $24.99  
Save the Date $22.48    
Spies of Warsaw $17.86    
State of Emergency $19.99 $24.99  
A Whisper to a Roar $14.99 $14.99  
Women in Love (BBC) $14.99 $19.99  

Posted Image
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

BLU-RAY TITLE                   Amazon BestBuy Target
DisneyNature: Wings of Life $27.99 $34.99  
Django Unchained $22.99 $22.99  $22.99
Dragon $19.99 $19.99  
Escapee $16.99 $169.99  
A Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia $18.99 $19.99  $17.99
Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore $19.99 $19.99  
Jackie Chan: Police Story/Police Story 2 $14.99 $16.99  
Jacob (NR Director's Cut) $24.99 $24.99  
A Monster in Paris $18.99 $19.99  
Not Suitable for Children $24.99 $24.99  
Our Daily Bread (1934) $39.98    
Repo Man (CC) $27.86 $34.99  
Spies of Warsaw $24.29    

(CC) after a title = New release in the Criterion Collection.

(TF) after a title = Triple Feature.

Individual Titles in the Collections Listed Above:

Quentin Tarantino's Rolling Thunder Pictures Triple Feature  (DVD):  The Mighty Peking Man, Detroit 9000, Switchblade Sisters.

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--The doldrums continue this week...with the exception of the release of Django Unchained.

--Best Buy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE PACKAGING AND OVER 30 MINUTES OF EXCLUSIVE CONTENT with a special Blu-ray release of Django Unchained for $24.99  Featuring "Around the Globe with Django Unchained: Conversations with the Filmmakers and Cast." 

--Best Buy also has an EXCLUSIVE release of Alphas: Season 2 on DVD for $26.99.

--Best Buy is having a sale on a number of Tarantino Blu-rays this week:

$8.99:  Inglourious Basters, Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs

$79.99:  Tarantino XX 8-Film Collection (Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2,  Jackie Brown, Death Proof, Inglourious Basterds.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  WWE - For All Mankind $16.99 DVD/$19.99 Blu..

--Target this week has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING with its release of the Blu-ray of Django Unchained.  Ad says "Steel book and over 50 minutes bonus content."

--Target Odds and Ends: No other specials listed this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Doldrums is right, but Upgrade and Save is next week so deals to be had.

Django for sure though I haven't decided which version to get. I not a huge fan of Steelbooks, but if it looks nice and it's the same price then why not OR maybe I'll use some RZ points to knock the price down. I may just have to go by which extras look better.

Walmart Exclusive is supposed to be $18.96 with there version of the exclusive disc "Re-Imagining the Spaghetti-Western"

Repo Man is an absolute must buy, but probably going to wait until BN expected sale

And many thanks to the mod who moved the debris off the playing field and I apologize for posting in their thread at all.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I'm excited about Pollen, now renamed Wings of Life finally getting some sort of release here in the states, but I'm not paying $27.99 for it. I'm guessing later this year I'll be able to pick it up for a lot less.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Just an FYI that the Weekly RoundUp can also be found by clicking on the dropdown next to Deals on the Menu Bar at the top of the page.

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Looks like Django Unchained for me. I want to see what the steelbook edition looks like. Keeps my streak going of having never seeing a Tarantino movie in the theater.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That's an insane price on Wings of Life. It looks perfectly enjoyable, but man...that price isn't going to happen. I'll just Netflix it at this point.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up Django Unchained this week. I'm willing to go to a specific store to get an exclusive but multiple store exclusives just makes me want to say screw them all and get the regular one from Amazon. At some point, I'll also get Repo Men.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I like the steelbook but the movie not so much. I do have some Shopkick cash so I might pick it up anyway.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
John Burton said:
Looks like Django Unchained for me. I want to see what the steelbook edition looks like. Keeps my streak going of having never seeing a Tarantino movie in the theater.

Why?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Just Django for me. Looks like Walmart also has their own exclusive edition with a "making of" bonus disc. These store exclusives have really gotten out of hand...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Somehow, I totally bypassed the new Iron Man animated movie coming out this week. I usually pick these up on release week, but that price is going to drop within a month and I'm not in a rush to watch on Tuesday night. So it can wait a while.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
That's an insane price on Wings of Life. It looks perfectly enjoyable, but man...that price isn't going to happen. I'll just Netflix it at this point.
It can take a real long time for those DisneyNature prices to drop...but I think it's generally worth the wait. Even after waiting for a couple of them to drop, then I've seen for sale used at a local rental shop.
TravisR said:
I'll be picking up Django Unchained this week. I'm willing to go to a specific store to get an exclusive but multiple store exclusives just makes me want to say screw them all and get the regular one from Amazon.
Retailer exclusives are just plain horrible. IMHO they're even worse on CDs because they provide extra musical content. But I still don't know why the studios want to put out different product to which some customers may not have access. Just make one good product and make it available to everyone.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm sure stores pay the studios for access to that content.

I dont think they care who sells it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mike Frezon said:
It can take a real long time for those DisneyNature prices to drop...but I think it's generally worth the wait. Even after waiting for a couple of them to drop, then I've seen for sale used at a local rental shop.
Yeah, Disney titles in general don't go on sale very often and I'm okay waiting or checking out FYE/Half Price Books and all those other fun places for a cheaper copy...of this plus the other DisneyNature movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks