on Amazon U.S. Great news!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ronald Epstein said:
Looks like a domestic release is forthcoming. There is a placeholder
on Amazon U.S. Great news!
unfortunately, an Amazon 'placeholder' doesn't mean anything in regards to an actual release.

While a release may be coming, some 'placeholders' have been on their systems for years

David

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I have to admit that seeing higher profile titles like OLIVER! and PHILADELPHIA, not to mention AS GOOD AS IT GETS, is still a surprise to me.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Wow Best Picture winner limited to 3000 copies. Well at least it will be available.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Oliver! on Blu-ray is a must-have for me. Looks like I'll be forking over $40+ for this one.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Twilight Time said:
We're very happy to say this is scheduled on TT for later this year. One of our all-time favorites!
Great news. Look forward to this title.

However, with the German blu-ray announcement, is it possible that Germany's blu-ray might affect TT's sale of the item? I think this might be the first instance of European competition prior to the TT edition's release.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
my only fear is that it will sale out too quickly, christine sold out in the time i left for work and was over before i got home

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
JoHud said:

However, with the German blu-ray announcement, is it possible that Germany's blu-ray might affect TT's sale of the item? I think this might be the first instance of European competition prior to the TT edition's release.
Only if the German release is region-free. I'll admit, if it's region-free and I can save a few bucks ordering from Amazon.de, I'll do it.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Twilight Time said:
We're very happy to say this is scheduled on TT for later this year. One of our all-time favorites!
Mercy you will have more of my hard earned money

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
With TT getting this Best Picture winner (with all their 'limited edition' nonsense), Sony now gets my vote for Worst Studio of 2013.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
David Weicker said:
With TT getting this Best Picture winner (with all their 'limited edition' nonsense), Sony now gets my vote for Worst Studio of 2013.
If their marketing data indicates that this title is commercially viable only as a 3,000-copy limited edition BD, how is THAT Sony's fault??? They have to deal with the reality of current retail conditions in the US...

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
JoHud said:

Well The Rains Of Rachipur was released at the same in Germany & on TT. I'm in the UK, so bought from Germany, MUCH cheaper (& I'm hoping that Germany get around to the Flint movies). I agree with David Weicker, if Oliver! is seen as a small selling cult film in the US, then it looks like the game's up for old movies on Blu-ray!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
does this mean that the possibility exist that we may be seeing A Man For All Seasons from TT as well?
I suppose it depends on if Sony has done an HD master. The sixties Columbia film I'd like TT to release is Lord Jim, as the DVD looks so poor, & I'd like to see it looking really good (as it should) & I love those big sixties roadshow movies (if it was indeed a roadshow film).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Mark-P said:
Only if the German release is region-free. I'll admit, if it's region-free and I can save a few bucks ordering from Amazon.de, I'll do it.
Thats what I'll be looking at too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks